How to use Mezan hot water & heater

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to use Mezan hot water & heater

Post by Griffin4217 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi, I have been looking through the Manual but as far as I can see there are no instructions on how to turn on the hotwater heater in a Autosleeper Mezan
Also would like to know how to turn on the blown air heater please.
Can anybody out there help?
Many thaks in advance.confused3
Griffin4217

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Mezan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to use Mezan hot water & heater

Post by Griffin4217 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:17 am

Griffin4217 wrote:Hi, I have been looking through the Manual but as far as I can see there are no instructions on how to turn on the hotwater heater in a Mezan Autosleeper. 
Also would like to know how to turn on the blown air heater please.
Can anybody out there help?
Many thaks in advance.confused3

YES!!!!!! managed to suss the hot water system out and all working perfectly thank you:allthumbz: now for the blown air system, any help on that would be mightily appreciated.
Griffin4217

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:52 am

I don't think we have that many Mezan owners on the forum so help may be slow forthcoming but can you tell us what type/make of blown air heating you have and if that same system is fitted in other vans you may get more response.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:41 am

Hi there,

Not having a Mezan, the only tips I can offer are that on mine:

1. You have to turn the fan speed knob to maximum before you press "Start".

2. If it hasn't been used for a while it may take two or three tries before it starts up and stays running.

3. The battery has to be fully charged or I have to be on EHU.

Hope this helps.allthumbz 

Best regards,
drinksallround 

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin4217 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Paulmold wrote:I don't think we have that many Mezan owners on the forum so help may be slow forthcoming but can you tell us what type/make of blown air heating you have and if that same system is fitted in other vans you may get more response.

You are right, so I rang Autosleeper service centre and a very helpful chappy told me where to find the fuse (unscrew wooden floor panel in outside locker and hey presto!) Fuse had blown so replaced it, but noticed some corrosion on the terminals so popped it over to my friendly local garage to replace, it isn't the kind of thing you would have tools for at home, hopefully that will be it sorted.
Thanks for your help and happy motoring.
Sue
Griffin4217

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:53 pm

Hope it's something that simple and therefore not too costly. It's amazing what they fit into such a small vehicle isn't it, hope you enjoy it.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin4217 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Paulmold wrote:Hope it's something that simple and therefore not too costly. It's amazing what they fit into such a small vehicle isn't it, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks, the first garage I took it too all stood around tutting and shaking their heads, (do they teach them that at mechanic school!) and then said it was out of their remit but their mate would do it for £70 per hour.
Not surprizingly I thanked them and left.
The next garage looked at it said "Paul will do that" but hes not in now - how much = £10, not much difference is there, needless to say Paul got the job.
Just waiting for them to ring up and say its ready.
Thanks for all your help, this is a good site, so useful.
Thanks everybody.allthumbz
Griffin4217

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Heater on Mezan

Post by travel69 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi
My heater may be the same as yours.  If you look along the bottom of the bunk on the side that has the left near the floor there should be a knob with an inner and outer switch.  Turn inner to right and outer (which is temp ) slightly up then on the wall by the fridge you should have three buttons, press the top one for warm air bottom for cooler.  DONT forget to take the cover off from the outside as it needs ventilation.  Hope that works. up!
travel69

Female

Auto-Sleeper : mezan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rickandbev16 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:56 am

Hi,
If it is the same as mine (2006) the blown air heating is switched on and controlled by a round black knob in front of the cooker( toward the front of the veh). The water heater has a similar shaped control mid way along the LH bedding box near the floor. 
Hope this helps, PS do you know where the isolator switch is to hook up to site electrics ??
Richard
rickandbev16

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum