Lakeside Park, Lincolnshire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lakeside Park, Lincolnshire

Post by stevomar on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi All
We've just come back from a short break at Lakeside Park and had a really pleasant time. It's not the usual sort of site we would go to as it is mostly static caravans but they are situated in a pine wood and around a lake and the whole area had classy feeling about it. The grounds and gardens are kept immaculate.
The touring site is well seperated from the statics and the large pitches are well seperated with lots of shady foliage available. The toilet and shower block were clean and modern and I would say up to CC standard
We booked for 3 nights and got a 4th night for free so it worked at just over 16 pounds per night (including EHU) which we thought for a site of this quality was really cheap.
There's a pool, jaccuzzi an fitness centre for which there was a 4 pound entry fee and bar serving meals. - nothing brilliant but OK for the price ( 2 for 12 pounds)
Here's the link to the site
http://www.donamottparks.com/lakeside-park.aspx
The coastal area is a nature lovers delight. We cycled to Donna Nook and Mablethorpe(not everyones cup of tea I know) but Lakeside Park would make a great base to explore Lincolnshire from.
Cheers
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : VW Trident

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lakeside Park, Lincolnshire

Post by roli on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Glad you enjoyed it - We are due there in a couple of months, we won a week in a raffle prize last year but didn't have the time to take it, mrs roli will be pleased to hear your report as we tend not to use the commercial sites, and never know what to expect. I had been past it previously but never stopped to look

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi roli
I'm sure you'll like it.Let us know when you're going and I'll try and meet up with you
Another thing I forgot to mention was that we lost a set of keys to our van and retraced our steps to find them with no luck.As we left we reported the loss to the reception an 30 mins.after we left we got a fone call to say they'd been found in the bar. So we turned round to go fetch them. Great customer service we thought.
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:47 pm

roli wrote:. . . . we won a week in a raffle prize last year . . . .

. . . and the second prize was two weeks?? Whistle1

Enjoy!! I live "just around the corner" and you can have a great time hereabouts once you get away from the "Kiss Me Quick" areas!

Dutto

drinksallround
Dutto
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:59 pm

Now then, don't be nasty hugegrins hugegrins A couple of years ago we came down that coast thinking we might stop somewhere overnight and did notice it, but at that time we were after a CL/CS so didnt stop but it looked ok.
Management has a thing about winning raffles, she did it again this year with a makeover on the van (save me polishing it!) I tapped the bloke for a discount for forum members but we have to discuss further with them - If I succeed you will all know thats a next month exercise

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Dutto wrote:
roli wrote:. . . . we won a week in a raffle prize last year . . . .

. . . and the second prize was two weeks?? Whistle1

Enjoy!! I live "just around the corner" and you can have a great time hereabouts once you get away from the "Kiss Me Quick" areas!

Dutto

drinksallround

I would willingly have spent two weeks there Dutto ........ and I live just around the corner aswell. Didn't see one Kiss me Quick hat there at all.......They must all have been down there round your corner in Skeggy.
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tankie747 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi Stevo wave

Good review of the park. It would suit us for a day or two as it isn't to far from us. and they have good facilities.
Fancy you leaving the keys behind? Glad you got them back and all is well.
We haven't been out much lately as work/life gets in the way but hoping to go to the Lakes near Coniston Water soon. Hopeing to go up the Old Man of Coniston. Training for GNR is on hold too as me being injured but hopeing to start again soon.
Hows your training going?
Tankie747
tankie747

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum