The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K reg Harmony Lidl's, Skibbereen, West Cork

3 posters

Go down

K reg Harmony Lidl's, Skibbereen, West Cork Empty K reg Harmony Lidl's, Skibbereen, West Cork

Post by SAB67246 Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Only spotted as I was driving out. By the way what year is K reg as it looked different to my 1993 Harmony?
SAB67246
SAB67246
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : 1993 Talbot Harmony

Back to top Go down

K reg Harmony Lidl's, Skibbereen, West Cork Empty K reg Harmony Lidl's, Skibbereen, West Cork

Post by algy Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Pretty sure K reg is 92. So maybe a change over year.
algy
algy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

K reg Harmony Lidl's, Skibbereen, West Cork Empty Re: K reg Harmony Lidl's, Skibbereen, West Cork

Post by SAB67246 Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks for that Algy. It is always difficult to work out how old British vehicles are, we have a sensible system where the last 2 numbers of the year and the county it is registered in and then numbers e.g. 93 WD (Waterford) 2688. Of course we have messed it up from this year on where there are now 2 registration periods in 1 year, 131 for the period Jan - June 2013 and 132 for period July to Dec.
SAB67246
SAB67246
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

K reg Harmony Lidl's, Skibbereen, West Cork Empty Re: K reg Harmony Lidl's, Skibbereen, West Cork

Post by Cymro Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Ah! Skibereen!!

Not relevant but delightful:

"... some time in the 1930s during the rise of Adolf Hitler and Nazism in Germany, this paper [The Skibereen Eagle] published a famous editorial warning of the dangers, which ended with the sentence: "Watch out, Mr Hitler, the Skibbereen Eagle has its eye on you" !

Failed to avert WWII.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by SAB67246 Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 am

Sorry Cymro but it was Russia that the Eagle said it was keeping it's eye on. The quote was "The Eagle will still keep its eye on the Emperor of Russia and all such despotic enemies - whether at home or abroad - of human progression and man's natural rights which undoubtedly include a nation's right to self-government. 'Truth', 'Liberty', 'Justice' and the 'Land for the People' are the solid foundations on which the Eagle's policy is based." As you can see we have always feisty bunch down in the Rebel county!
SAB67246
SAB67246
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:08 am

Ah! I didn't know about the Emperor of Russia. But when I visited Skibereen a few years ago, I went into the Eagle's offices because I knew of the Hitler story. The lovely staff there confirmed it.

Whilst not at all definitive, a quick glance at Wiki shows this:

"The Skibbereen Eagle, a newspaper founded in 1857, was famous for its international perspective, publishing an editorial that "told Lord Palmerston that it had “got its eye both upon him and on the Emperor of Russia."",[4] and in August 1914 having a leading article that said “We give this solemn warning to Kaiser Wilhelm: The Skibbereen Eagle has its eye on you.”[

Score draw, perhaps? !
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down