The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does my flush not work?

+2
CC
skyrakes
6 posters

Go down

Why does my flush not work? Empty Why does my flush not work?

Post by skyrakes Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Neurvo EK (2012). Another niggly problem. Our toilet flush has stopped working. It was working OK, then it was topped up. Press the button and you here the pump working but no water is coming through. What can I do or is it another trip back to the suppliers.
skyrakes
skyrakes

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Why does my flush not work? Empty Re: Why does my flush not work?

Post by CC Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Could it be a blockage maybe? If you have water in the tank and the pump is running then I'm not sure what else it could be, hopefully someone else has a better suggestion, be interested to know myself.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by bertb Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:33 pm

The pipe from the pump come adrift?
bertb
bertb

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrakes Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Ah good thinking. Now I need to know how to get into it?
skyrakes
skyrakes

Male

Back to top Go down

Why does my flush not work? Empty toilet pump nto pumping

Post by jimthefish Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Has the 3amp fuse blown in the waste tank compartment Just noted you can hear it running but it may be tight, The fuse on the left hand side as you take the waste tank out. Mine had fused and it was the small pump impeller stuck. Took it out and moved it round with a small screwdriver all OK now. Took me 10 mins and a trip to buy some 3amp spade fuses. If its a pipe that's come off you can get to the inners by carefully prising off the tank top plate with the button press in it, remove 4 screws holding the strengthening plate ( don't drop them in the tank or the will be gone forever)and remove the pump and pipes and check They are just clipped in the tank. The tank plate is sealed with joint sealant so shower water does not get in it so be careful you don't damage it when taking it off. Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Why does my flush not work? Empty Update

Post by skyrakes Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:54 am

Well I read the instruction manuals. Read 'jinthefish' instructions, and look on you tube. Suitably kitted out with rubber gloves the correct tools and made my way to the toilet this morning. Switched the electrics on pushed the flush button and it worked OK?????????

Could it have been an air lock after filling yesterday and when I travelled home the air lock sorted itself out. I wonder. I am sure some one will tell me.

Thanks for all your ideas.

Update 11:55 still working
skyrakes
skyrakes

Male

Back to top Go down

Why does my flush not work? Empty intermittent flush

Post by happyhelen Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Dont want to dismay you when you think you have solved the flush problem but our intermittent flushing has been going on for months.
There doesnt seem to be a pattern. It particularly seems to stop after we have filled it up but not always.
We have no water coming through either.
We mentioned it when we had the habitation check at AS in Broadway and they said it was blocked and they had sorted it.
But once we were bck on site it had stopped again.
Sometimes we have some black bits come out with the flush (when it is working!) and we wondered if it was build up of gunge.

As an aside how are you supposed to operate the flush? With the flap open or closed. Do you open the flap after you have finished?

Sorry to be basic but they are serious questions - going to be in the van for 4 weeks soon so would like to get it right!

HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrakes Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Hello HH

What I Have noticed is that if I top up the flush with a watering can pouring in quickly the flush stops working. Top up slowly all is OK.

Back to basics - I normally leave flap shut put a couple of sheets of soft toilet paper in bowl. Then use flush then sit on seat. After a couple of thrusts and squeezes of the bum cheeks i stand up and have a check of the proceeds of the thrust and squeeze. If all OK i use the flush. All proceeds are  washed away a nice clean bowl and ready for the next time.

Hope this helps
skyrakes
skyrakes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi there,

Apparently, SWMBO has a bomb-sight that allows perfect accuracy and therefore she leaves the flap open.

Personally, I leave the flap closed, put a couple of inches of flush water into the bowl, line the bowl with toilet tissue and then open the flap when all completed.

Being a bit on the large size I have removed the lid and this gives me an extra two inches between the front edge of the toilet seat and me! This is critical when trying to tuck bits and pieces out of the way of danger!

Hope this helps. allthumbz 

Best regards,
drinksallround 

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down