Autosleeper Frisky.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Autosleeper Frisky.

Post by mike-eastman on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi Folks,
Here is a photograph I just found of my first Autosleeper Frisky, built in a Ford Transit van with a 2.0 Litre petrol engine.
It is shown here outside the stagedoor of a venue where I was playing in touring pantomime. ( Oh yes I was !), just thought I'd get that in first !
hugegrins... It was my only vehicle and doubled as a car and works van, and towed a trailer carrying all the props and scenery etc., to venues all over Central England, and the Home Counties. I used it all through the winter and it was fitted with a very efficient Propex Airtop blown air heater, and all of the water systems were insulated and winterized to prevent problems. When I sold it to upgrade to a larger van, it had over 100,000 miles on the clock, but still ran perfectly. It never needed any major repairs, but always had regular servicing / cam belt changed. It was one of the best vehicles I ever owned, and performed well.
Are there any Frisky owners on the forum ? If so would love to see some pictures. Does anybody else use their van in their profession ?

Mike.

Last edited by mike-eastman on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed photograph.)
mike-eastman

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I got one !!!

Post by EDDIE32 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:58 pm

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif?t=1382909203
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

I have one of these mine is a 1990 model 2 ltr petrol with automatic transmission it now has 116,000 on the clock and still going strong, I also know of another which is a few miles away from us but its looking a bit sad now and we passed another in North Wales earlier this year. Shes a lovely old van and has been very reliable and trustworthy. I did read somewhere that only 50 were made dont know weather thats right i have see a couple on ebay though.

Last edited by EDDIE32 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
EDDIE32

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : frisky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Autosleeper Frisky.

Post by Paulmold on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Frisky.

Post by mike-eastman on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:07 am

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for posting the photos of your Frisky, we owned one for a few years and loved it, it was our first van.
Modifications I did were, addition of a Propex Blown Air heater, Air-Ride rear suspension air bags, lagging of water tanks etc for winter, and swapping over the door mirrors for the later 'Smiley Front' type with the larger double glasses, a Bullbar (pre the Construction and Use laws ), and of course the Tow Bar. We also had it re-upholstered in the later style blue Autosleeper fabric, with lined curtains to match.

I traded it in for a diesel coachbuilt after deciding we liked the lifestyle, but wanted more space, but as far as I know my Frisky is still living around the Wolverhampton area, and has had a complete respray and bodywork etc. 

Mike.
mike-eastman

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A little frisky

Post by millenium falcon on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi Mike

I have a frisky from 1989 F reg I bought it when I was working in south europe and drove it home to finland. Lovley little thing and gets a few heads turning here. I had some trouble getting it re-registrated as it has four seats and a petrol engine, the MOT man did not know what it was classed as but in the end all went well and she got the plates. I have been all around europe in it and now she needs a little TLC. I hope to get it to show room condition this year and there is a photo on the front cover of "puntahymy Suomen Britti-Ford -Kerhon tiedotuslehti 4/2008". This is the british ford owners club of finland. From 1985 to 1995 only 50 were ever made.(I have asked autosleepers) I will try to post some pictures when I find them.
 allthumbz
millenium falcon

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper : 1989 ford frisky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Help :-)

Post by Aburr on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi,

I have a Ford Frsiky, which I see you have too! I have brought her and we are getting on great - except for the water pump!!!

When I brought her I realised there was a hole in the water pipe to the internal tap, so I repaired it to be not leaking - getting the tap to run. Then the water pump stopped working, so I brought a new sureflo one from ebay (which was an 1998 model, instead of 1988) and replaced it - getting the tap to work  smile! But then, the pump cut out again! When checking both the new one on a battery, it then seemed to be broken. So I check the old, original one, and this was now working! 

It seems like, when water runs through the pump - it doesn't like it and then breaks….any suggestions on what to do? 

Any help welcome, I have limited funds - hence doing it myself but I am not really a pro.
Aburr

Female

Member Age : 37
Auto-Sleeper : Ford Frisky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

frisky water pump

Post by millenium falcon on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Moro!

Sorry for the delay, have been away boating and working! If I undestand right your pumps are working until they have to pump water yes? I dont know if you can open the pump to check the impellar (if it has one it may be rubber and has broken) I myself have never opened one but with a little common sense I am sure you may be able. Also check your fuse panel above the fridge, the fuse may be broken and also check the condition of your cables/conections if you can. Do you have a omhs meter/volt meter to check your cables? they are easy to use and will save you a lot of time. Hope some of this helps.

Tervesia millenium falcon
millenium falcon

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper : 1989 ford frisky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum