Tregurrian C & CC Site, Nr Newquay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tregurrian C & CC Site, Nr Newquay

Post by Sookey on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Stayed here with my sister (and our respective dogs) 4th - 6th June, which happened to coincide with  some of the best weather we've had so far this year.
We followed the club's directions to the site, as its not the easiest to get to - even so, we almost ended up going down a farm track. The site is set  each side of the road, the reception being on the right hand side. First pitch offered was right next to the toilet block (he must have thought we were part of the Tena brigade happyno), which we declined and pitched up next to a rather smart fifth wheel outfit.
The toilet block looked relatively new and when it was closed for cleaning (cant imagine it would need much in the way of cleaning, as it was kept spotless) the one across the road was open. Wardens were friendly and helpful and each day posted info outside reception about weather, tides etc. There was a small shop within reception and Friday night was fish and chips night. No dog walk on site but a short walk down the quiet lane and across the road, took you on to the coast path. We did notice a bit of a smell, at times - at first, I thought it was one of the dogs, then I started giving my sister sideways glances heat, before discovering it was coming from a slurry tank nearby (smell was worse near the toilet block, so glad we didnt take that pitch)
We took the van down to Watergate Bay for the day - take a left opposite the right hand car park at the Bay (which has a height barrier) which takes you to  a large car park,  cost £5+ for the day. We noticed later that if we had continued up the hill, there was  much cheaper car parking in a field on the right hand side, which opened on to the coast path, but we were quite happy with where we were parked (and were kept entertained during lunch, watching the surfers changing out of their wetsuits covermyeyes)

Watergate Bay from the coast path

The dogs hit the beach

Day two we spent at Mawgan Porth, another lovely beach within walking distance along the coast path from the site (again we chose to take the van and parked behind the shops opposite the beach, for £3.50 all day)
 Mawgan Porth beach

Would definately stay at this site again, mostly for the dog friendly beaches, but can imagine it is totally different during school holidays and I would probably avoid it then.

Moira and Sookey
doggy

Sookey
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum