Changed display of quotes?

Go down

Changed display of quotes?

Post by Cymro on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:48 am

I believe that there's been a way in which the site now handles a reply which wishes to quote an earlier post.

Hitherto only the quotation appeared in a coloured box: the added contribution to the discussion - building on the quoted earlier post (or part of one) - appeared outside the coloured box, against a white background, at the foot of the new post.

Now this no longer seems to happen. Both the quotation(s) and the additional post are all within the one coloured background - making it much more difficult to see where the quoted bit ends and the new comment starts.

If my observation is correct, is it possible to revert to a display which easily shows the new contribution to the debate, please? 

Thanks.

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changed display of quotes?

Post by brodco on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:00 am

Hi wave

Cymro wrote:Both the quotation(s) and the additional post are all within the one coloured background - making it much more difficult to see where the quoted bit ends and the new comment starts.

I found that as well. It seems to be the default since the software update. Try clicking the "switch editor mode". It's the last Icon on the right and should take you back to the old way of doing things.

The other thing I've found is that I now need to type a space between the text  and the "smiley HTML" to get smileys to work.

Brod.
brodco

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile http://www.eurotherm.co.uk/en-gb/products/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:02 pm

brodco wrote:Hi wave

I found that as well. It seems to be the default since the software update. Try clicking the "switch editor mode". It's the last Icon on the right and should take you back to the old way of doing things.

Brod.

Thanks very much indeed!  I couldn't find the button initially - but then I clicked "more / less buttons" (the extreme right button above the text )and that then revealed more button, the extreme right one of which is the "switch editor mode" to which you referred. And it seems fine again!  Thanks very much.
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content