The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miles or the other measurement for distance..

3 posters

Go down

Miles or the other measurement for distance.. Empty Miles or the other measurement for distance..

Post by Tommy-Darcy Mon May 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Whilst trying to find suitable camp sites I am getting very annoyed at seeing the measurement in Kilometres confused3

For example; Turn left 2 kms past the church - site on left in 300 mtrs scratch head

My tachometer is in miles and my brain is in yards ....................................

I am, and have been since birth, a BRITISH citizen, in a BRITISH van, trying to find a campsite in BRITAIN so why give me directions in a foreign language censored! censored! censored!

OH and unless I am mistaken the road signs are in MILES up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Miles or the other measurement for distance.. Empty Re: Miles or the other measurement for distance..

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Have to agree and can we go back to gallons please. smile!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Miles or the other measurement for distance.. Empty Re: Miles or the other measurement for distance..

Post by Stewart John Mon May 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi

If they said £6.00+ a gallon nobody would buy any fuel again. hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz 2.0 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Mon May 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Stewart John wrote:Hi

If they said £6.00+ a gallon nobody would buy any fuel again. hugegrins

True, but they could split them into pints up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Mon May 27, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi there,

Check out the numbers that tell you where you are on the side of motorways. wave

The little poles that say things like 10.5 then 10.4 then 10.3 etc are ALL measuring distance in kilometres and metres! up!

We have been decimalised for years! tap_fingers

Enjoy.
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 8:42 am

Dutto wrote:Hi there,

Check out the numbers that tell you where you are on the side of motorways. wave

The little poles that say things like 10.5 then 10.4 then 10.3 etc are ALL measuring distance in kilometres and metres! up!

We have been decimalised for years! tap_fingers

Enjoy.
drinksallround
Ian

Very true, I worked the coinage out PDQ but the rest just seemed to have passed me by scratch head although I buy my meat and groceries etc in Grams or Kilos and 6ft has slowly become 1.80m (1.8288m) I still think in feet and inches, lb’s and oz’s its just litres per kilometre don’t seem right smile!

Cheers, Matt
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue May 28, 2013 10:05 am

Oddsnends wrote: .............. although I buy my meat and groceries etc in Grams or Kilos and 6ft has slowly become 1.80m (1.8288m) I still think in feet and inches, lb’s and oz’s its just litres per kilometre don’t seem right smile!

Cheers, Matt

Matt,

I am still a "Miles per Gallon" person myself even though I do distances in Kilometres when I am cycling and driving.

My reasoning is childish to say the least. snigger

In the van, at my regular speed of about 46mph, the kilometres get knocked off the GPS really quickly whereas miles seem to drag! Whistle1

On the bike it's nice to see that I am averaging 18kph; as opposed to realising that my old knackered knees can only manage 11mph! tap_fingers

I think it's brilliant to have a choice of units. Now all we need to do is to reintroduce the old £.s.d. system and I would die happy! up!

At last! My kids would realise just how little my first wage was at £9.11s.8d a month (with 5/5d a week stopped for my NI Stamp)! allthumbz allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down