The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hankook Vantra RA18 Tyres

+2
roli
CC
6 posters

Go down

Hankook Vantra RA18 Tyres Empty Hankook Vantra RA18 Tyres

Post by CC Tue May 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Have been putting off getting the tyres on our Nuevo replaced but in light of our travels to France in a few days decided to bite the bullet and have just ordered a full set of Hankook Vantra RA18 Tyres (current ones fitted are Pirelli Chrono) but have decided on the Hankook's this time as I got a really good deal online for a set of four fully fitted = £343 through Black Circles (my local ATS wanted £224 for just a pair fitted) so I hope there is no hidden charges!

Hankook Vantra RA18 Light Truck Tyre

Tyre economics, reliability and eco friendliness make Hankook light truck tyres the preferred tyre choice for many commercial fleets. Hankook have developed the new Vantra RA18 light truck tyre for commercial vans, transporters, mobile homes, 2wd utes, caravans, trailers and people carriers in response to the requirements of commercial operators for an energy efficent and exceptionally durable light truck commercial tyre. Its high durability, improved fuel mileages and wet road performance are attained thanks to the RA18′s revolutionary compounds and tread pattern with straight groove and aggressive kerf. As always, low rolling resistance and reduced envionmental impact were prime considerations in Hankook’s research for the all new and green RA18 radial commercial tyre.

Is anyone else using these and are you happy with them? I've only ever heard good things about Hankook tyres and I think roli had/has them fitted on his Windsor ??

Hopefully all will go to plan and it's one less thing to worry about touring France, the side walls had perished considerably since I last inspected them....

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Hankook Vantra RA18 Tyres Empty Re: Hankook Vantra RA18 Tyres

Post by roli Tue May 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Our Tranny has Hankook RA08s on and have been since new. This year they had a good examination by a tyre company as well as my garage as they are now 5 years old and both declared they were happy with the condition and wear with no cracking or UV damage

Treads still very good
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue May 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks roli, sounds promising about the side walls up!

I'm going to give the new tyres a wipe over with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel every few weeks to help protect them from any UV damage...
Just got the confirmation a short while ago and fitting is for Friday content

Now my next question, it states the price includes standard rubber valves but if I wish to have uprated valves they can be fitted at an additional fee.. is this worth doing?

Think they are just the reinforced valves similar to these (not the full steel type)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Tue May 07, 2013 7:35 pm

They are obviously 'happy' to fit standard valves or else they would have recommended others.
You pays your money............etc etc

IMHO I would have the standard fitted.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Thu May 09, 2013 11:28 am

Hi CC

It's a good idea to change your tyres if they show signs of cracking or perishing, I had mine replaced at the weekend and what I assumed ( I know one should never assume think_smiley_46 )was only crazing on the tyre walls was in fact deep cracking. The cracks could be seen at their worst when the old tyre was being rolled off the rim and the tyre wall was curved which exposed how deep the cracks really were, the fitter made a point of bringing it to my attention along with the cracks and splits that had also developed in the tyre valve stems so_sad

I also used Blackcircles and the service from them and the local tyre company was first class. allthumbz

Enjoy your French sojourn and with your new tyres you can travel with to quote Dutto "peas of mine" content

Cheers John up!
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by PennyandDerek Thu May 09, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi CC,
As you know from an earlier thread, 'Winter Tyres', I decided to go with ordinary commercial all-season tyres.
I firmly believe that those of us that use our vans regularly do not need to have CP rated tyres. These are for the benefit of converters, dealers and those that use their vans occasionally.
You will find that the lower pressures will make for a more comfortable ride with less crashing and banging at the back.
You may find it useful to know that I had the tracking set to zero and I use the 'old hands' trick of inflating the NSF 5psi higher than the OSF. This now makes for almost 'hands-off' driving on normally cambered roads.
Just back from a two and a half week trip to see members of family and most of the NT properties in W.Yorks/Derbs. - 32.7mpg overall.

Derek
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Thu May 09, 2013 11:55 pm

You pays yer ££ etc.. The RA18 gets a mediocre E rating for fuel efficiency, C for wet grip and quiet @ 70 db. you got a good price, I'd go for standard valves.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri May 10, 2013 7:09 am

I had steel valves fitted when we had the Executive (£25 incl fitting at a different time to tyre swop) cos I had a rubber valve fail. imo it was money well spent
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down