The Lilac House, Pennerley Nr Shrewsbury (CL)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lilac House, Pennerley Nr Shrewsbury (CL)

Post by journeyman on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Into my heart an air that kills From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills, What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, The happy highways where I went And cannot come again.

AE Houseman.

Located up in the glorious Shropshire hills, approximately 5 miles south west of Minsterley. This is an ideal CL for members wishing to enjoy the easy walking afforded by the range of crags called the Stiperstones and the stunning views from "The Devils Chair" a well known shropshire landmark. The site is level and firm, basic facilities only, but it does include EHU and free wifi. As a bonus the site owners, Debs and Andy breed their own pigs and have a small shop on-site, selling their own pork produce. Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a lead, although within a few mins walk, the tracks leading to Stiperstones are available for safe off-lead walking.

This area of Shropshire is stunning, but its not swamped with tourists, its main income is from farming. Due to the lack of accommodation visitors are mostly local day trippers. So getting to spend a longer time within the area is one of the benefits of motorhome/caravan ownership. There is a local pub not far from the CL, from memory its very welcoming, you certainly won't be treated like "another tourist".

The CL has its own website: http://www.thelilachouse.net/page/home_camping/index.html?activetablist=camping

As a Shropshire lad, I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend. This CL is recommended.

journeyman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2008

View user profile http://www.motorhomedreamer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lilac House, Pennerley Nr Shrewsbury (CL)

Post by deckie on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Thanks, Journeyman, Good report allthumbz

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lilac House, Pennerley Nr Shrewsbury (CL)

Post by Paulmold on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Sounds ideal but I notice it's another CL that charges more in winter months than summer (presumably to cover extra electric used) which I had never come across before we went to Anglesey back in March.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bog visitor centre

Post by Paulwest55 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:04 pm

This is a lovely part of the country, I was Born in Shrewsbury, and meet my better half there too who comes from the shelve area and we still visit the area now having deep roots in the area, and you just can't beat having a nice big slice of cake from the bog visitors centre after a brisk walk. allthumbz
Paulwest55
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile http://www.our-duetto.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum