Whatever happened to.......

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Whatever happened to.......

Post by shotley59 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:08 pm

..........Deckie??  He was very helpful when I joined the forum (Both having Clubman's) and we exchanged several PM's last September re telling sea stories when we found out we had a similar early life seagoing history.
Mick
shotley59

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : VW Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Paulmold wrote:Bit ironic this. This topic was started by CruizingComet and now he's missing - last post 8th Sept, last visit 9th Sept but he's posting on Twitter. Where are you CruizingComet?
I'm still around Paul hugegrins 

Been busy with other things & it doesn't look like the forum has suffered too much without me around as much as before so probably good to have a break and hs hopefully encouraged the new members have a say.

Just got back from a great trip around the Dordogne, down to the French Riviera, and back up through the Alps which has been amazing. No doubt MrsCC will post details.

I have an iPhone now so Tweeting is just too convenient wherever I am hence my addiction of twitter and its an easy way to share pics on route whereas the forum I find very difficult on the iPad and just unusable on the iPhone when mobile.

CC

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:05 pm

shotley59 wrote:..........Deckie??  He was very helpful when I joined the forum (Both having Clubman's) and we exchanged several PM's last September re telling sea stories when we found out we had a similar early life seagoing history.
Mick
Deckie sadly left ASOF along with Whisky as mentioned in the announcements section for reasons none of us can really understand. They are both welcome back anytime but doubt that's likely to happen considering the lack of understanding or support they showed to ASOF upon their abrupt departure shrugg

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 pm

CruizingComet wrote:
shotley59 wrote:..........Deckie??  He was very helpful when I joined the forum (Both having Clubman's) and we exchanged several PM's last September re telling sea stories when we found out we had a similar early life seagoing history.
Mick
Deckie sadly left ASOF along with Whisky as mentioned in the announcements section for reasons none of us can really understand. They are both welcome back anytime but doubt that's likely to happen considering the lack of understanding or support they showed to ASOF upon their abrupt departure shrugg
Hi CC
Sadly missed, I miss the craic from both of them, especially Deckie. I do hope they return in the near future.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi there,

I usually notice when a familiar name drops off the radar so can I put forward the notion that the Forum is possibly a victim of its own success?

Increasing membership has watered down the "personal" nature of the Posts and whereas two years ago there would be eight or nine Posts in a day nowadays there can be one or even two pages of them.

This can be daunting and may be the reason why a few members have reduced their input.agree3 

Alternatively, they may have sold their Auto-Sleepers and shuffled off with head hung low in shame blushes  without letting us know.

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Nice to see a couple of 'old faces' back lately. Without naming names, one poster has not posted since 6th June and re-appeared yesterday.

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum