Trawsdir - Barmouth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trawsdir - Barmouth

Post by journeyman on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:18 am

Trawsdir Barmouth – A 5 Star Site

We’ve just had 4 nights at Trawsdir near Barmouth. http://www.trawsdir.co.uk with a half price deal, at £9 a night! As a matter of fact for two nights we were the only guests on there! What’s it like? Really good at that price. Your well looked after by Keith and Lynne, the site managers, they work very hard to look after the guests. Whoever owns Trawsdir has invested a lot of money in making sure it’s fitted out to a high standard. Its located on the main route between Barmouth and Harlech, about a one and a half miles west of Barmouth, nestled between hills to the rear, with the extensive sea view as the frontage. I would imagine the site is very busy later in the season, so we personally would only visit Out of Season. But if your travelling with families its ideal, it’s very secure, full CCTV with a fob system for the entry/exit barriers and shower blocks.



The M/H pitches are predominantly sea facing and not overlooked. All gravel hard standing with 16 amp EHU, fresh water and a grey waste drain on each pitch. They can also cater for RV’s, touring caravans and have a small selection of pods. There’s an excellent dog walking area, which is very large and secure, so the mutt can be off the lead. The toilet/shower blocks are immaculate, loads of hot water, piped radio 2, decent handryers ect. The only negative is the 30 sec timer on the showers!

The beach is about 7-10 mins walk. If you know this part of wales you will know how deserted the beaches are, so its great for walking. Once on the beach you can easily walk to Barmouth in about 45mins(when the tides out!).



Internet wise, I couldn’t get 3g on my “3″ mobile, only GSM. Closer to Barmouth you will start to pick it up. There’s internet on site, its not brilliant though, emails and such like only. the other half has o2, she had the same problem.

Overall a very positive experience. We just chilled out for 4 days, following Snowmageddon, this was just what we needed. The next 50% reduction period is 1st June – 18 Jul(check with the site to confirm).

_________________
Read my blog: www.motorhomedreamer.wordpress.com
avatar
journeyman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 319
Joined : 2013-01-23
Location : N/E Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2008

View user profile http://www.motorhomedreamer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re-Trawsdir Barmouth

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:38 am

Hi Good morning Journeyman.
We had a four night at Trawdir 2 years ago in our 59 Symbol and enjoyed every minute, we had the corner plot next to the exit barrier with plenty of room.
As you say its 5 star, it looks like from your photos they have made some hard standing pitches down in the grass field next to the road, the bottom two fields were grass only when we stayed.
Hope you had good weather, the third night of our visit a storm tried to take our driveway awning from the side of the van, the 18" rock pegs held, but the stitching didn't.
Barmouth is a lovely wee seaside town, well worth a visit up!

Have a niceday up!
Boaby
avatar
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 6207
Joined : 2011-11-15
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trawsdir - Barmouth

Post by Paulmold on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:48 am

I've already ear-marked it as it was recommended on another forum. When first looking at their website it is easy to miss the special offer note, and it appears expensive. Go to the bottom of the tariff list and you find it's dates in red that are the special offer dates for just 2 people.
avatar
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 11465
Joined : 2011-02-21
Location : Mold, North Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trawsdir - Barmouth

Post by Tonyt on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:40 am

.
............ and for those who like to steer by sat nav, it's at 52.75713, -4.08171

_________________
Tony
avatar
Tonyt
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 214
Joined : 2012-05-07
Location : Essex without an AS
Auto-Sleeper : Sold -

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trawsdir - Barmouth

Post by journeyman on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:15 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi Good morning Journeyman.
We had a four night at Trawdir 2 years ago in our 59 Symbol and enjoyed every minute, we had the corner plot next to the exit barrier with plenty of room.
As you say its 5 star, it looks like from your photos they have made some hard standing pitches down in the grass field next to the road, the bottom two fields were grass only when we stayed.
:
Have a niceday up!
Boaby

Hi Boaby,

The gate you can see to the right of our van is the entrance to the dog walking area. All the M/H pitches run from right to left of our van, we had the extreme right pitch.

Best
Jmn

_________________
Read my blog: www.motorhomedreamer.wordpress.com
avatar
journeyman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 319
Joined : 2013-01-23
Location : N/E Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2008

View user profile http://www.motorhomedreamer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Trawsdir - Barmouth

Post by CC on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:05 am

Thanks Journeyman... looks great, do love a pitch with a sea view up!

_________________
Get a life..... Get an Auto-Sleeper!
avatar
CC
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 3413
Joined : 2011-02-05
Location : North Norfolk
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re-Trawsdir Barmouth

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi jmn
Did you manage across the dog exercise field to the pub, we had a couple of nice meals in there, not to pricey. I can see where you pitched up, I though the owners had made the bottom field into hard standing pitchs looking at your photo.
If the weather holds after our week in the Tyddyn-du-touring park, Penmaemawr we will go down to Barmouth for a few days. some nice sites down that coast towards St Davids.

Boaby wave
avatar
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 6207
Joined : 2011-11-15
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trawsdir - Barmouth

Post by nuevoboy on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:49 pm

Well, they've certainly improved things vastly since we were there last year.

The showers only lasted 13 seconds before switching off.

Must admit, that was the only thing we didn't like about the place. biggrin

Edit: just remembered the £32 they charged us, even though the Bank Holiday weekend was over. shrugg
avatar
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 426
Joined : 2013-02-14
Location : Wild West Wales
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trawsdir - Barmouth

Post by Tommy-Darcy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:42 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi jmn
Did you manage across the dog exercise field to the pub, we had a couple of nice meals in there, not to pricey. I can see where you pitched up, I though the owners had made the bottom field into hard standing pitchs looking at your photo.
If the weather holds after our week in the Tyddyn-du-touring park, Penmaemawr we will go down to Barmouth for a few days. some nice sites down that coast towards St Davids.

Boaby wave

Don't forget Hendre Mynach.....................it maybe dearer but you can leave the van there and walk down to Barmouth town without having vehicles whizzing past. smile!

Ok so we may be slightly biased think_smiley_46 having been wardens there last season wave

_________________
Welcome To Harrogate Caravan Park. YEH RIGHT !!!!   confused3
avatar
Tommy-Darcy
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 655
Joined : 2012-03-13
Location : Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trawsdir - Barmouth

Post by journeyman on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Tommy-Darcy wrote:

Don't forget Hendre Mynach.....................it maybe dearer but you can leave the van there and walk down to Barmouth town without having vehicles whizzing past. smile!

Ok so we may be slightly biased think_smiley_46 having been wardens there last season wave

Cheers Tommy, I know where that is, I might have a look during the special offer periods, but out of that period its very expensive.

_________________
Read my blog: www.motorhomedreamer.wordpress.com
avatar
journeyman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 319
Joined : 2013-01-23
Location : N/E Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2008

View user profile http://www.motorhomedreamer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Trawsdir - Barmouth

Post by Tommy-Darcy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 pm

journeyman wrote:
Tommy-Darcy wrote:

Don't forget Hendre Mynach.....................it maybe dearer but you can leave the van there and walk down to Barmouth town without having vehicles whizzing past. smile!

Ok so we may be slightly biased think_smiley_46 having been wardens there last season wave

Cheers Tommy, I know where that is, I might have a look during the special offer periods, but out of that period its very expensive.

Yes it is, don't drop us in it (as we may return sometime) but we wardens have always said the prices need to be reduced during "mid peak" smile!

The pricing strategy leaves a lot to be desired, and we as experienced motorhomers attempted to give constructive advice but alas it was not taken so Yes, look for the special offers. biggrin

The Min y Mor pub 20 minutes walk from the campsite along the prom serves Abbot Ale on tap.................. enough said drinksallround

_________________
Welcome To Harrogate Caravan Park. YEH RIGHT !!!!   confused3
avatar
Tommy-Darcy
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 655
Joined : 2012-03-13
Location : Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum