Safefill gas

Go down

Safefill gas

Post by arthur douglas on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Good afternoon,

I am contemplating the purchase of refillable gas bottles, I know very little about this subject. I have spoken to autogas who have given me advice and prices for a system that I would fit myself and also quoted me £50 per hour to fit plus the dreaded vat!! which they say should take one hour. Then trawling through the web I come across this Safe Fill system which is no more than a transparent refillable bottle that as far as I can see you can walk down the street with. Auto gas and other suppliers have told me you have to have an external filling system and not directly to the bottle and this safe fill system seems to be completely the opposite.

Has any body had experience of safe fill or any advice off anybody who has the safe fill system.

Thank you in anticipation.

Arthur
arthur douglas

Auto-Sleeper : executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

safefill

Post by ubuntu1 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi - I use Safefill bottles. They are light, easily filled and are a good way of using lpg without having to have anything installed.

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : M/H engineer

View user profile http://www.chatsworth-service.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Safefill gas

Post by roli on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:55 am

You don't "have" to have external filling points. Autogas told me that also.

Garage forecourts prefer you to have external filling points so they can see you are not trying to fill or decant to a standard cylinder. There are quite a few on here, me included who have their fill points in the gas locker and have had no problem over refilling.

You have an Executive so if you wanted an external point there would be no problem fitting one but many of the more recent models bodies (imo) are too thin to safely mount a fit point.

You need to ask the question - do you want to remove the system when you change the van, you would need to leave the fill point there to avoid spoiling the vans appearance.

There are other systems apart from those sold by AutoGas and Safefill. Also look at GasIt (FES are friendly and helpful) and Gaslow. With these two there is another option of an "on cylinder filling valve" which in you case due to the size of the Executives Locker Door I would advise against as you may have problems with the size of the pump handle.

I have personal reservations over the Safefil (fibre glass ?) cylinders. I was in the compressed gas business for over 25 years and my mind is conditioned to steel or aluminium cylinders.

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

safefill

Post by ubuntu1 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 am

Roli, BP have been using the same composite bottles for a long time now and they are used all over Europe. They are pressure tested in just the same way as steel or aluminium bottles and they meet all of the European safety standards. There are no issues with using composite bottles.

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : M/H engineer

View user profile http://www.chatsworth-service.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:00 pm

If thats the case fine, things progress. They would be an advantage for many AS owners as a lot of the models arnt over endowed with loading allowances so they would help in that respect

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum