The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re: Its a Gas

5 posters

Go down

Re: Its a Gas Empty Re: Its a Gas

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:56 am

Well done British Gas.

You sure know how to contribute to cutting down the aged population.

Why not plough back some of the profit into easing the fuel bills?

Being on the 'right tariff' is NOT the answer if you can't afford to heat your home or cook your dinner!

Grump over!

Mike D

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Re: Its a Gas Empty Re: Re: Its a Gas

Post by CC Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 am

1b449 wrote:Well done British Gas.

You sure know how to contribute to cutting down the aged population.

Why not plough back some of the profit into easing the fuel bills?

Being on the 'right tariff' is NOT the answer if you can't afford to heat your home or cook your dinner!

Grump over!

Mike D

I couldn't agree more Mike

I don't know what's worse.... these company's making these obscene profits or those in power for allowing them to shaft us in the first place... Bring on the revolution comrades so angry

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 am

And of course the Royal Bank of Scotland pays out wads of our money in bonuses

Haydn

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi there,

I have to say that the older I get the less fun it is telling everyone "I told you so!"

Has anyone else noticed the news today?

1) RBS has announced thumping losses!

2) RBS has announced thumping amounts set aside for "bonuses"!

3) The idiots in charge say RBS will soon be profitable and can be sold back to investors!

So, the pigs are still at the trough and the hyenas are circling for another free meal when we get round to finishing the bail-out.

We are gifted in this country to have such leadership! allthumbz allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:20 am

Hi,

Ian wrote (Quote)

"I have to say that the older I get the less fun it is telling everyone "I told you so!"

I know what you mean Ian, perhaps its time to "tell 'them' so!" (Google "38Deg" ) -Some interesting reading!

Mike D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:45 am

Mike,

Thanks for that. Very interesting reading. allthumbz

I will have a think and probably contribute on the basis that they definitely seem to be on the right track. up!

A wise old mate of mine once told me:

"When politicians start to show contempt towards the general public they have to be replaced."

I think that we have been governed by a batch of corrupt and incompetent self-serving lickspittles for long enough and now it really is time for significant change across the whole political and commercial spectrum.

I fail to understand much of today's logic. Apparently, to make a banker work harder we must increase his bonuses whereas to make a road-sweeper work harder we much reduce his rewards and make his job less secure!

They really are a pathetic bunch.

Best regards and thanks again.
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Its a Gas Empty Just a thought!

Post by Dutto Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:59 am

Hi there,

I've just had a thought! wave

On the subject of "bonuses" I wonder what kind of working environment is generated in a place where a person's "bonus" can be three or four times that person's annual salary?

Can you imagine the amount of grovelling, boot licking, brown-nosing and servile pandering that must go on in these establishments?

think_smiley_46

The thought of having to do such a thing for money is so demeaning that I would sooner have dug ditches with my bare hands than take part! tap_fingers

So, "Merchant Banker" is probably a fitting expletive after all! allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:28 am

Hi Ian.

Though I basically agree with a lot of what you say. I still sometimes think that you have to pay for expertise.
The saying. "If you pay peanuts you get monkeys" springs to mind.

Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:15 am

Dutto wrote:On the subject of "bonuses" I wonder what kind of working environment is generated in a place where a person's "bonus" can be three or four times that person's annual salary?

Can you imagine the amount of grovelling, boot licking, brown-nosing and servile pandering that must go on in these establishments?

I've just started taking a chap every week to the airport to fly up to Edinburgh where he has just started a computer contract with RBS. After his first week there he commented how frightened eveyone appears to be. Nobody will admit to having done anything. Every time this guy asks a question it gets the reply 'it wasn't me, I know nothing about it'. He says they all seem to be watching their backs all the time.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:26 am

whisky wrote:Hi Ian.

Though I basically agree with a lot of what you say. I still sometimes think that you have to pay for expertise.

Whisky. champagne

'Twould appear the way banks are run monkeys wouldn't do any worse if they where in charge

Haydn

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:43 am

Hi,

Paulmould wrote (quote)
"Nobody will admit to having done anything. Every time this guy asks a question it gets the reply 'it wasn't me, I know nothing about it'. He says they all seem to be watching their backs all the time."

Bit like the Government then? snigger

Mike D

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 am

whisky wrote:Hi Ian.

Whisky. champagne

Whisky,

In this country we are less likely to get a monkey than an "old school chum" or "a friend of Daddy's" running things. tap_fingers

With little or no promotion on the basis of merit it is almost always a case of "Who do you know?" rather than "What can you do?" think_smiley_46

There are somewhere in the region of five thousand secondary schools in the UK. Perhaps someone would care to explain why, with such a broad base to choose from, the country is being run by the pupils from about five of these establishments! think_smiley_46 (All of which are Private Schools by the way!) tap_fingers

I believe that this situation is the root cause of our current problems. think_smiley_46 think_smiley_46

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:05 pm

1b449 wrote:Hi,

Paulmould wrote (quote)
"Nobody will admit to having done anything. Every time this guy asks a question it gets the reply 'it wasn't me, I know nothing about it'. He says they all seem to be watching their backs all the time."

Bit like the Government then?  snigger

Mike D

I thought I would resurrect this Thread in light of our esteemed Deputy Leader's recent comments.

Today the Daily Mirror stated "Daniel Pelka was starved, poisoned and tortured during months of appalling cruelty." and his mother and step-father have now been convicted of his murder.

So what does Mr. Clegg our esteemed Deputy Leader do?  He tells us "We are all guilty."

No WE are not.

There are about 65 million people in the UK and about 64,999,950 of us never got to know the poor little beggar existed never mind that he was suffering such appalling cruelty.

Of the remaining 50 people there will be a hierarchy of people up through social services, teachers, police, neighbours etc who DID know the little lad and SHOULD have done something about his suffering; and some of these people are the ones that had the responsibility of acting on our behalf.

They did nothing and as Mr. Clegg is beating his chest I am sure that there will be an enquiry; and I am equally sure that no Cabinet Minister or Senior Manager will resign or be sacked due to the fact that someone in his or her department failed in their duties.

Keep an eye out for future failures of government as they have adopted a very modern method of dealing with their failings as follows:

1.  Shout it from the roof-tops that there has been a "failure".

2.  Tell everyone "We are all to blame".

3.  Announce that there will be an "enquiry".

4.  Use the findings of the enquiry to "make significant changes".

5.  Sack or discipline a few people at the bottom of the food-chain.

Using this ploy ensures that Government Ministers NEVER have to resign and makes sure that their own jobs are even more secure.

Check out Jeremy (he of the "Inappropriate Word").  He is a master of the art who, despite being in charge of the NHS for a number of months now, can't find any failure for which he is responsible; just like he did when he failed as a Culture Minister.

Enjoy.tap_fingers tap_fingers 

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum