Saville Motorhome Dealer N, Ireland

Go down

Saville Motorhome Dealer N, Ireland

Post by Robbie on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Thought I would post this up here before the internet drums got flying about to much and something incorrect was posted. Saville Motorhomes are the main dealer for Auto Sleeper in N, Ireland. Unfortunately at the end of last week they had to enter Administration, I received an email this morning from one of the directors of Savilles and was asked to post the following on another forum that had some speculation going at the time.

If you could copy and paste the following on the forum I would appreciate it.

"It is with deep regret that unfortunately Saville Motorhomes has had to be put into administration. As some of you may know we were involved in zero rating new motorhomes for disabled customers who were wheel chair users. Although we followed all the requirements in Vat Notice
701/59 to the law, HMRC vat have stated that the specific modifications carried out by us and listed in their vat notice as acceptable are no longer "substantial" enough in their opinion. Despite our auditors, bankers and vat consultants being comfortable with our case , HMRC have decided to disregard various case law and previous VAT tribunals which they have lost. In both our advisors and our opinion, we believe HMRC intend to make a test case of Savilles. We have unfortunately been left with the decision to either pay HMRC several hundred thousand pounds of VAT which we never had in the first place or go to court to prove our vat zero rating was correct. Court action has been estimated to initially cost in excess of £100,000 and could result in a long protracted battle cost thousands more. As a company we are not in a position to financially expose ourselves to such litigation costs and have come to the decision to place Savilles into administration due to HMRC actions. We would like to state that no customers who purchased their motorhomes zero rated are liable in any way for any VAT to HMRC and wouldlike to thank all of our customers for their support over the years."

Thanks

Richard

I dont know where we would of been without Savilles, they fixed endless issues in our last van and even changed it as autosleeper were not to bothered with what they had put out. Brilliant company to deal with and I'm gutted that this has happened.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

View user profile http://www.motorhomewild.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Saville Motorhome Dealer N, Ireland

Post by CC on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:24 pm

It's always sad to hear of any business going under in these tough times, have feeling many more will be going to the wall in the coming months....

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Is anyone else's "Blood boiling" ?? ...... so angry so angry

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Don't actually understand the zero rating stuff (I'm just a country boy) but It definitely sounds like they have had a pretty rough deal.

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum