The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotswold EB Water leak

4 posters

Go down

Cotswold EB Water leak  Empty Cotswold EB Water leak

Post by Tricia Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Hello everyone
We have a Cotswold EB 2011 reg and we have water dripping from underneath the van. Prior to this the pump has been coming on more regularly. Does anyone know how to access the pipework underneath the floor so that we can check where the leak is coming from.

Tricia
Tricia
Tricia

Female

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold EB

Back to top Go down

Cotswold EB Water leak  Empty Re: Cotswold EB Water leak

Post by whisky Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi Tricia.

Someone on the forum is bound to help you out with your query.

You will most likely get a better responce if you where to introduce yourself first in the intro section.

Whisky. look here

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:08 pm

The way you describe it suggests that with all water taps closed and the pump switched on then the pump operates occasionally for no apparent reason. If that is so then you do have a leak in either the hot or cold water system.

In manufacturing the floor, channels are left to feed pipes etc through. These are not accessible but (unless you have drilled a hole in the floor or knocked a nail in) it is very umlikely that a pipe will be leaking.

The connectors of the piping in the plumbing system are a push fit. Sometimes they are not pushed fully home at the time of installation and can either work loose with vibration or by being knocked. Some of the connectors are behind panels, particularly for the shower but most are in cupboards etc. Open draws, cupboards, lift seats, etc and everywhere you find a connector feel/look for damp. Be warned that cold pipes can feel damp so if you think you have found something touch kitchen towelling to it and look for a damp spot on the towel. You should also check under the van for connectors.

It is quite possible that the water dripping from under the van has travelled a very long way from the source of the leak before it emerges so don't start pulling things to bits until you have something definite to go on.

If the sort of investigation I suggest above doesn't reveal the source of you problem I strongly recomend a visit to your AS dealer or the factory service centre.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Tricia wrote:Hello everyone
We have a Cotswold EB 2011 reg and we have water dripping from underneath the van. Prior to this the pump has been coming on more regularly. Does anyone know how to access the pipework underneath the floor so that we can check where the leak is coming from.

Tricia

Hi Tricia
This might be a long shot, My last van was a 59 Symbol, I had drained everything off, however I had failed to notice an inline Surflo water strainer underneath the van.
The water left in it had frozen and then thawed in the warmer weather, going unnoticed until I refilled the system. The strainer had cracked and water was dripping from it.
Sorry I don't know how to get under the flooring in your Cotswold.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Cotswold EB Water leak  Empty Water leak

Post by Tricia Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Sorry Whiskey, I have introduced myself now!

Tricia
Tricia
Tricia

Female

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold EB

Back to top Go down