Hold-down Plates for Awnings.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hold-down Plates for Awnings.

Post by micknhilary on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 am

Hi All,
Within the last few days I read on the forum details of the dimensions for a plate to hold down the legs of a Fiamma/Omnistore awning.
I thought that this was a very good idea, but now that I am in 'manufacturing' mode I cannot find the item concerned. Could some better organised person than me point me to the article, or repeat the dimensions.
Very many thanks. wave
micknhilary
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hold-down Plates for Awnings.

Post by Robbie on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:49 am

Can't find the thread myself Mick lol, anyways if I remember they were around 20cm square, 4 holes one in each corner and a slot cut to slide over the awning leg. Done a quick google search and found these to.

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/fiamma-kit-awning-plate.html

These wwere cheap but when i went to checkout the postage to N,Ireland was £15 grrrrrrrrrrr we always get hammered postage wise and still in the uk

edit............

Found pickie on ones on ebay at moment, a tad dear for what they are

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/111000757649?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

Last edited by Robbie on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

View user profile http://www.motorhomewild.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 am

If you install the rock pegs in the two existing holes on the awning base at opposing angle of 60 deg to vertical you wont't find any benefit in using the plates. However if you are on a solid surface the plates will let you use weights (such as filled water carriers) to secure the awning - but don't leave it out unattended!!!

Peter
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : October 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 pm

pcb7ty wrote:

If you install the rock pegs in the two existing holes on the awning base at opposing angle of 60 deg to vertical you wont't find any benefit in using the plates. However if you are on a solid surface the plates will let you use weights (such as filled water carriers) to secure the awning - but don't leave it out unattended!!!

Peter

Peter,

Sorry to disagree but when you are planning to leave the awning up in anything up to a full gale the extra spread of pegs will make a huge difference. wave

They also make a huge difference if the holding ground is poor. On many coastal sites, where the pitches are often just gravel over packed sand, two pegs can (and do) come adrift in the slightest of breezes. tap_fingers

My advice is to fit plates if you have them; and if you intend to use an awning in anything other than still air and on firm holding ground then buy or make a set of plates. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum