Beechwood Grange Caravan Club Site York

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beechwood Grange Caravan Club Site York

Post by MrsCC on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 pm

We arrived at Beechwood Grange Caravan Club Site at York just as it was turning dark. Roadway very icy so had to watch my step going to book into reception, don’t want to end up with a broken leg! nurse

Warden was friendly, informative and welcoming especially in the freezing conditions cold . It was evident that Christmas was coming as the site had a Christmas tree and lights around – very festive.

We drove round the site (saw a 07 Nuevo ES) and found what looked like a lovely pitch. Settled in, and then checked out the toilet block. Clean and warm and quiet a few cubicles for showers etc - up to the usually Caravan Club standard up!.

Site has 115 pitches of which 102 are hard standing. It was approx 1/3rd full during our stay. EHU needs to be long on several pitches - we had to use our 25m lead. TV reception is good so booster not needed (just as well as not available).

We walked around the site – taking care not to slip over –and it was lovely to see vehicles decorated for Christmas, I had never thought of this …......I’ll have to work on CC to decorate our van snigger .

In the morning we got a good look at the site. Pitches seemed larger than normal and had neatly cut bushes segregating pitch areas; very well kept a credit to the Caravan Club smile! .

The dog walk is exceptional with a huge field, fully enclosed so Candy got the opportunity to be let off the lead and go mental doggy . I guess they have a huge field for dogs as the site is adjacent to a Stud farm and dogs are not allowed to be walked up the drive to the site as this is shared with the Stud farm.

There is the Caravan Club Wi-Fi service available, but I connect via Vodafone dongle on 3G network and it was OK. pc

I must mention the signs……...the site is full of signs……signs for everything every where….a bit excessive

There is a children’s play area and also a games field, ideal for families especially in the summer when I’m guessing the site is pretty
full.

There is a Park and ride less than a mile away, with motor home parking to take you into York. Ideal for exploring York’s quaint streets, historical buildings and maybe a cruise on the Ouse. speedboat

All in all a splendid site one we would return to if in the area lets_dance

MrsCC

Female

Member Age : 50
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beechwood Grange Caravan Club Site York

Post by deckie on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi Mrs CC (&CC)

An excellent site report (as always) up!

Enjoy your stay ........ the Ouse cruise sounds fun cold smile!

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Looks really nice. We stayed at the Stockton lane site earlier this year (late MIL used to live in Bishopthorpe) when visiting as we aren't CC members any more, but this looks really attractive. Gets great reviews on UK Campsite which we tend to use to help form an opinion.

York is just lovely - never tire of visiting there and always stay in York (Hotel - Marriott) when visiting biggest client based on Teesside. So much to see............

Thanks for the write up up!
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Nice to see the site has matured well, thanks for posting the pictures.
Last time we were there it was still very, very new and we were still Tuggers. I do remember though it was a good site for Sam (our last Daly) he loved 1 to 2 hour walks !!!
I thinks its in a very convenient location access wise.

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum