Tips for newbies

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tips for newbies

Post by Paulmold on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:44 am

Jaytee wrote:. Such as rear steadies. Whenever they are down though I put the winder across the pedals so I cannot forget.

Snap. My dealer gave me that tip.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Good idea, Jaytee, we'll have to start doing that, thanks! ....Dutto, we once left for Spain for six months, and as we boarded the ferry I had a sudden fear that I had left the iron on in the front bedroom! Frantic phone calls resulted in family rushing to see if they could get there before the fire brigade... but it was off anyway! Phew!
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank you so much for your advice - Murph

Post by Dun Cruising on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:00 am

A great big thank you to Murph for his wonderful advice to all us Newbys.  We have just picked up our Auto-Sleepers Winchcombe and it is total love, I know we need to make compromises, however, the only compromise so far is that there is no door fly screen, still we shall find a solution, that is half the fun. 

Murph you are a wonder and we are so grateful for your kindness and advice.
Dun Cruising

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm sure Murph is looking down on us and looking at all the modifications we members make to our motorhomes. Met him once, such a nice man. He had made over 120 mods to his Van, some very simple some more complex. God bless you Murph.

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hel999 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:30 pm

Dun Cruising wrote:A great big thank you to Murph for his wonderful advice to all us Newbys.  We have just picked up our Auto-Sleepers Winchcombe and it is total love, I know we need to make compromises, however, the only compromise so far is that there is no door fly screen, still we shall find a solution, that is half the fun. 

we were hoping to find a fly screen for hab door for our AS Suffolk at lincoln but couldnt find any - let us know if you find one please :)
Hel999

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Suffolk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dun Cruising on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:24 am

Hel999 wrote:
Dun Cruising wrote:A great big thank you to Murph for his wonderful advice to all us Newbys.  We have just picked up our Auto-Sleepers Winchcombe and it is total love, I know we need to make compromises, however, the only compromise so far is that there is no door fly screen, still we shall find a solution, that is half the fun. 

we were hoping to find a fly screen for hab door for our AS Suffolk at lincoln but couldnt find any - let us know if you find one please :)
I certainly will, likewise if you find one before us please let us know.  allthumbz
Dun Cruising

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:40 am

There is a whole thread on flyscreens for winchcombe, worcester etc, worth a read!
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lead tortoise on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:11 pm

What a fantastic site, Thanks Murph and others for the tips.
years of experience making life easier for all of us.
lead tortoise

Male

Auto-Sleeper : transit custom flair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:53 pm

Whilst the handbook is full of helpful instructions, it won't include the best tip which I was ever given. It's one which has saved my bacon on a few occasions: always walk around the outside of the motorhome before driving off. It takes but a few seconds, and has saved me from leaving things behind (chair under the vehicle; pads from under steadies; tools etc) as well as checking that the stays are up; no cable attached; no window or rooflight open etc.

I also try to remember to walk through from rear to cab, to check all drawers / cupboard doors / items on flat surfaces etc. You only have to suffer a flying cutlery drawer once to appreciate the need for a walk-through!
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Cymro wrote:You only have to suffer a flying cutlery drawer once to appreciate the need for a walk-through!

Or the unlatched fridge door which swings open and drops your lunch and a half full bottle of milk on the floor...
-mojo-

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lead tortoise on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:41 am

Thanks guys, Its normal the obvious things that catch us out.
I would hate to leave the mother in law behind :::wouldn't I ??????
lead tortoise

Male

Auto-Sleeper : transit custom flair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum