"HEIR HUNTERS"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"HEIR HUNTERS"

Post by Dutto on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:05 am

Hi there,

Whilst I am checking ASOF in the morning (and waiting for everything outside to warm up a bit) my better half is watching "Heir Hunters".

Am I the ONLY one who regards these people as a bunch of parasites? confused3

My view is that they are no better than vultures picking over the possessions of the dead in an attempt to gain benefit for themselves? tap_fingers

The programme makers keep banging on about "If no-one claims the money it will go to the Treasury.". So what? Why don't but they also point out ".... and reduce everyone else's taxes!" allthumbz

Apparently the people concerned also don't take into account the wishes of the deceased. If I die a long and lonely death the last thing I would want is for some long lost "Couldn't care less what happened to the old sod!" relative to get whatever assets I happened to leave! tap_fingers

Must go. Programme finished! allthumbz allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "HEIR HUNTERS"

Post by johnandeva on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 am

totally agree dutto, but if you did want to put me in your will i would be ever so grateful, big thumbs up johnandeva
johnandeva

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Have to admit I am fascinated by the show. Not sure whether I agree with the principles however I think it's better for distant relatives to benefit than for the money to disappear into the treasury winks
Minniesmum

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm

As above, I watched it when nothing else on when recovering from a big back operation - I suppose that the recipients of the estate (less the heir vulture's commission) will be grateful. Noted that they only chase ones where the effort is worth the money that they get out of it at the end so many go to the treasury anyway. It's not that nice, but it is legal so ok. I would imagine that their regional agents are simply paid on a results basis so don't get much out of it after their own expenses.
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:28 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:As above, I watched it when nothing else on when recovering from a big back operation - I suppose that the recipients of the estate (less the heir vulture's commission) will be grateful. Noted that they only chase ones where the effort is worth the money that they get out of it at the end so many go to the treasury anyway. It's not that nice, but it is legal so ok. I would imagine that their regional agents are simply paid on a results basis so don't get much out of it after their own expenses.
Ditto up! I liked the concept for the simple reason of finding out about past relations that you may have not known about. I have so few family left alive that anything discovered from the past is always important and fascinating regardless of those " skeletons " winks
Minniesmum

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Minniesmum wrote:............. I have so few family left alive that anything discovered from the past is always important and fascinating regardless of those " skeletons " winks

Cath,

I know the feeling. A couple of months ago I was talking to the last surviving uncle on my Mum's side of the family and discovered that I may have a load of relatives in Australia!

The Tattons are famous for falling out with each other and apparently one of his uncles (i.e. my grandfather's brother) fell out with his two brothers over tea one evening back in about 1920.

According to my Uncle George (who my own Mum disowned years before she died) his uncle just pushed his chair back from the table, stood up, went upstairs, chucked some clothes into a kit-bag and walked out of the front door.

He then sent a postcard with a Perth postmark to one of the neighbours back in Manchester that said "Please tell the family that I arrived in Australia OK." and no-one has seen or heard from him since then!

I still get a creepy feeling watching Heir Hunters though! tap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:21 am

Further on this topic, my brother did some research into our family tree and found some really fascinating things - nothing scandalous. He can't understand why I'm not too interested in it but it just isn't my thing. A bit more interest in my grandfather's exploits in WW1 plus quite a few of his relatives who weren't smart or quick enough to duck when being shot at. Having established our family tree and relative general lack of money, I don't think that the heir vultures will be knocking on our doors snigger
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum