What was so unusual about 16th October 2011?

Go down

What was so unusual about 16th October 2011?

Post by Dutto on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi there,

According to the Forum Statistics "Most users ever online was 132 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 pm" allthumbz

From my own diary ("To Narbonne Market. Tomatoes and peppers stuffed with black pudding for supper. Great swim in rough sea!") I presume that I wasn't one of the 132 so just wondered why, with a lot more Members, we haven't beaten that record? confused3

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was so unusual about 16th October 2011?

Post by Robbie on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:35 am

Sometimes it can be a mad rush clicky session, If someone posts links on other forums about a topic and these are busy places it can generate loads of traffic fast which isnt the norm level for that site. Normally even though we have the regulars and a few others it most likely stays around the same level apart from the odd mad day which can push closer to the max level there has been.
Also as member count grows there are loads registered but some never visit the site after the first time or two, this can be down to just registering to ask for help or post a for sale then away but they are still registered
One thing I really like about this site is that we dont get the levels of bitching and infighting thats generated on other sites, most seem level headed and choose to take things in the right context or give the benefit of the doubt content

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

View user profile http://www.motorhomewild.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:45 pm

As Robbie says it could have been down to a link posted elsewhere on another forum that generated a high number of visits... It could also have been a member mailing or newsletter sent out that resulted in less frequent members visiting who otherwise wouldn't have shrugg I remember that particular night well as we all wondered what was going on and it was discussed somewhere on the forum at the time.

With the volume of members currently registered on the forum we should be exceeding this figure so come on those of you who visit once in a blue moon... look us up more often and join in more... there are still too many members who don't join in wave

CC

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:22 pm

I seem to remember that I scared them away ……not unusual, which is why I’m not allowed out at night hugegrins

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum