The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tv problem

5 posters

Go down

tv problem Empty tv problem

Post by big t Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 am

hi out in the van this afternoon putting the tv on its bracket checked inside the wardrobe there was a coax cable coming from the airial socket with a tv plug on the end,
so took out the back of the wardrobe and found another coax cable, fitted a plug then connected both together turned on tv tryed tuning same but no signal as i was in my drive and no its a strong signal area just wondering where does the cable connect to outside? hope some one can help very many thanks in anticipation Tony
big t
big t

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : duetto

Back to top Go down

tv problem Empty Re: tv problem

Post by whisky Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:42 am

Hi Bigt.

What aerial have you got fitted to your van? In a lot of the older AS models a coax cable was fitted as standard and just ended somewhere (in the back of the wardrobe in the van conversions and behind the Zig panel in the monocoques) an aerial was not actually fitted. You had to fit whichever aerial you chose as an after market thing. Hence a lot of people had loose aerials and poles etc. and just connected the aerial to the TV with a direct coax through the window.

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

tv problem Empty Re: TV problem

Post by brodco Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Big T
If the aerial is fitted it’ll be quite obvious as the thingy sticking out of the fibreglass roof. biggrin I’ve got the almost standard “Status” fitted to my Duetto and it has to be said it’s not very good! shrugg

Couple that with the fact that on many campsites the TV signal almost non-existent , the TV watching experience is going to be frustrating to say the least.

I solved the problem with a cheap “Satellite suitcase” kit from Maplin. I can see the other members of this forum wincing as I type, but honestly for less than £100 is really is very good. up!

You don’t even need to take the dish out of the case just open it up and prop it up against the van and you’re away. No retuning either so it’s up and running in minutes. OK a bit of tweaking to point it in the right direction but it’s not difficult. I drilled some holes in the case so I can stake it down with tent pegs if it’s a bit windy.
Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

tv problem Empty Re: tv problem

Post by Snelly Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 am

I fitted a status 550 to mine. Not for the faint hearted though as you have to cut a massive hole in your roof for the mast. The cable in the wardrobe that was coiled up and dangling is connected to the aerial point for the tv... I just hooked the 550 up to that.
Snelly
Snelly

Male

Member Age : 47

Back to top Go down

tv problem Empty Re: T.V.Problem

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Just as a matter of interest, Screwfix are doing a Labgear HD sat kit for £39.99, dish, receiver and fixings.

Doesn't appear to be a 'portable' job, but could be adapted for use in a MH, (on EHU)

(Not allied to Screwfix or Labgear)

Mike D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tv problem Empty tvaerials

Post by Felix of Rochester Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi Big t
this topic was explored a lot early in the year
trying looking at my post of march 16.
my system is now up and running very satisfactirily and now everything is digital i can get a decent signal
almost anywhere with a standard tv array.
the outside socket allows connection to the relay system on some sites and can also connect to my portable sattelite dish.
best of luck
felix of rochester
Felix of Rochester
Felix of Rochester

Back to top Go down