The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravan or Camping & Caravan clubs???

+2
Paulmold
plattypus
6 posters

Go down

Caravan or Camping & Caravan clubs??? Empty Caravan or Camping & Caravan clubs???

Post by plattypus Sat May 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Initially joined the Camping & Caravan Club when we got our van. Only because we only went camping years ago & so used the club. But have heard differing reports of which club is better for motorcaravans. Does the caravan club have more certificated sites?

Be interested to hear what other members think, as renewing in July.
plattypus camper
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down

Caravan or Camping & Caravan clubs??? Empty Re: Caravan or Camping & Caravan clubs???

Post by Paulmold Sat May 14, 2011 3:41 pm

We are in the C&CC and have been this time round for 13 years, having been in the CC for a similar number of years before that. The CC certainly have more club sites and I would assume more CL's than the C&CC has CS's. My gripe with the C&CC CS's is that they are not limited to just 5 pitches (5 caravans or MH's yes) as they allow as many tents as the land will allow. I've arrived at many CS's expecting a nice small site only to find 20 tents along with the caravans or MH's all sharing the limited facilities. At least with the CC a 5-van site means a 5-van site. We are contemplating joining both clubs just to give a greater choice of sites.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Caravan or Camping & Caravan clubs??? Empty Re: Caravan or Camping & Caravan clubs???

Post by plattypus Sat May 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks for that Paul. agree with your niggles re no limit on c's . Ideally we would join both clubs but can't really afford to. so will probably opt for The Caravan Club. Unless someone can put me off.
cheers plattypus allthumbz
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Sat May 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Plattypus.
We are in both clubs and I think that is the ideal situation as it gives more choice.
However if I were only to belong to one it would be the CC.
We think that the CC clubsites are definately better, usually a bit smarter in appearance and the wash block is usually better and more modern.
Regarding CC c/ls and C&CC cs we always go to CC cls and have [I think] never been to a C&CC cs the reason being that the cs are usually more expensive that the c/l because they cater for tent campers also and therefor have showers and toilets. We do not want these facilities but understand that the provision of them reasonably raises the price.
The C&CC do a discount on their clubsites for old'uns which is very helpful.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Sat May 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Thanks for that Squip. you have given us more to think about. being oldies the concession bit is very useful. but if the CC's certificated sites are cheaper it may compensate. we'll keep probing confused0
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat May 14, 2011 11:19 pm

We like others have been in both the major clubs for many years and both have their own merits along with the MCC.

CC - Many sites and CLs, Rallies have to be booked, difficult to book sites on line (website says sites are full)
C&CC - Sites now on a par with CC and has CS's. Dont need to book for rallies, has a Motor Home Section which you can join or just go to their rallies, Has Tempory Holiday Sites.
MCC - Mainly for ralliers, has a few CL's and Safe Night Stop Overs.

Dont forget if you like rallying, the other foum which many of us belong to and found this site through has a rallying group. You do need to book for most of these though.

My attitude is there is good and bad in all, but for the price of a night at the pub for two you can join these clubs and enjoy the benefits.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by cal Sat May 21, 2011 3:28 pm

I've been a member of CC club for 4 years now and ever time we come over to the UK mainland we have stayed in some amazing CC CL's all over - SW England, Wales, Highlands, Yorkshire, Brecon Beacons - they seem to be everywhere and in some amazing parts of the countryside - nice and quite just like we like it.

We also can avail of the Ulster rallies from time to time in the CC but mostly prefer the CL's - there are now quite a few in NI as well.

Cal
cal
cal
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Sat May 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Thats very useful thanks Cal. We have decided to go for the CC in July allthumbz
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemelson Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:36 pm

My advice is save your money & don't join either of them
mikemelson
mikemelson
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down