The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxer X250 / Nuevo Disconnected Wire Query ?

4 posters

Go down

Boxer X250 / Nuevo Disconnected Wire Query ? Empty Boxer X250 / Nuevo Disconnected Wire Query ?

Post by CC Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Can anyone identify this stray / disconnected wire that runs under the scuttle tray on our Nuevo (guess all X250 vans will be the same) it's attached to the base of the scuttle with clips but it looks like it's been snipped through and I'm unable to see where it was once connected to? It's been like this since we got our Nuevo and I've been meaning to get the service centre at willersey to look at it but each time it's been in I've forgotten. Having just replaced the scuttle tray I was hoping I'd be able to get a clearer view to see where it went to but no such luck rolleyes can anyone please help me out and take a look at theirs when they get a moment and let me know? Thanks. CC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Boxer X250 / Nuevo Disconnected Wire Query ? Empty Re: Boxer X250 / Nuevo Disconnected Wire Query ?

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:19 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Can anyone identify this stray / disconnected wire that runs under the scuttle tray on our Nuevo (guess all X250 vans will be the same) it's attached to the base of the scuttle with clips but it looks like it's been snipped through and I'm unable to see where it was once connected to? It's been like this since we got our Nuevo and I've been meaning to get the service centre at willersey to look at it but each time it's been in I've forgotten. Having just replaced the scuttle tray I was hoping I'd be able to get a clearer view to see where it went to but no such luck rolleyes can anyone please help me out and take a look at theirs when they get a moment and let me know? Thanks. CC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi CC
Have sent you a p.m and e-mail with pics
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Boxer X250 / Nuevo Disconnected Wire Query ? Empty wire

Post by johndean Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi.

Take the black cover off the wire and post on here the number wrote on the wire, the number is writtern on the wire approx every 6 inches ( old money }
Peugeot identify every wire which shows what it does and where it goes to which item but these details are only available on the service dealers web called service box. I have a list on a hard copy I obtained while chief technical consultant at Peugeot before I retired few years ago.
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Boxer X250 / Nuevo Disconnected Wire Query ? Empty Re: Boxer X250 / Nuevo Disconnected Wire Query ?

Post by CC Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:23 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi CC
Have sent you a p.m and e-mail with pics
Boaby

Thanks boaby not checked my emails yet but got your PM's thanks up!

johndean wrote:Hi.

Take the black cover off the wire and post on here the number wrote on the wire, the number is written on the wire approx every 6 inches ( old money }
Peugeot identify every wire which shows what it does and where it goes to which item but these details are only available on the service dealers web called service box. I have a list on a hard copy I obtained while chief technical consultant at Peugeot before I retired few years ago.
John Dean

Hello John... thanks that's very helpful to know, the code seems to be DSG 6/2 does this sound right?

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Boxer X250 / Nuevo Disconnected Wire Query ? Empty wire

Post by johndean Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi

No it doesnt look right

the number would read something like this 1320 this would be 13 = fuel injection system 20 = injector

this is just a made up number but hopefully you can see what type of number you ae looking for.

by the way a M = mass or earth wire in english The colours mean nothing unless you have the wire number first together with the wiring diagram.
John
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks john...

I will take another look in the morning during daylight and get back to you, thanks for your help and thanks boaby for the photos as well up!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:17 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Thanks john...

I will take another look in the morning during daylight and get back to you, thanks for your help and thanks boaby for the photos as well up!

CC

Hope its what your looking for up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:30 am

It is possible it was feeding an item that was taken off prior to you buying the van CC. I would be inclined to stick a meter on the end and see if there is any voltage present. If not try the different ignition switch positions to see if it becomes live.
In the event of a reading insulate the end the end of the wire unless you can think of anything you could use it for.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:35 am

CruizingComet wrote:Thanks john...

CC

Hi CC
Send a p.m with e-mail address.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:05 pm

roli wrote:It is possible it was feeding an item that was taken off prior to you buying the van CC. I would be inclined to stick a meter on the end and see if there is any voltage present. If not try the different ignition switch positions to see if it becomes live.
In the event of a reading insulate the end the end of the wire unless you can think of anything you could use it for.

Hi roli.... it looks like part of the original Peugeot wiring as it's within the corrugated tubing just as the original looms are elsewhere under the bonnet, also it uses the scuttle tray mouldings and fixing clips where it attaches (see pic) so pretty certain it's original Peugeot base vehicle related and not added afterwards...

johndean, sorry was too busy to look at the code on the cable today as I've been busy doing other things around the home... I need to strip back or split the corrugated tubing to look for it, hopefully will find this in the morning and will let you know up!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Just in case anyone is interested in the outcome of what I thought was a disconnected wire.... We went to the Auto-Sleeper service centre today for a service and a couple of other jobs and they concluded that the wire in question is the antennae for the remote central locking.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 am

CruizingComet wrote:Just in case anyone is interested in the outcome of what I thought was a disconnected wire.... We went to the Auto-Sleeper service centre today for a service and a couple of other jobs and they concluded that the wire in question is the antennae for the remote central locking.

CC

Hi CC
Good ole Mark up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down