Waste tank drain tap

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Waste tank drain tap

Post by Paulmold on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Ever since we bought the Symphony we have suffered from slow drainage through the barrel-type drain tap due to the extrememly small aperture that this type have around the inside 'plug'. Have been meaning to swop it for a straight-through tap for ages but been put off by the £20-ish price tag but found these on Ebay, bought and fitted and waste now empties really quickly. If it does get clogged with food particles you can take it apart for easy cleaning..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAIN-TAP-WASTE-OR-FRESH-WATER-1-2-TAP-RELEASE-VALVE-FOR-20MM-PIPE-ON-MOTORHOME-/280978211148?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item416b9b414c
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste tank drain tap

Post by boxerman on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:48 am

Thanks for that Paul, I'll bear it in mind. Although I don't really have a problem with the standard tap.
Priority at the moment though is replacing the front nearside wheel bearings so_sad

Frank
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:55 am

boxerman wrote:Thanks for that Paul, I'll bear it in mind. Although I don't really have a problem with the standard tap.
Priority at the moment though is replacing the front nearside wheel bearings so_sad

Frank

The nearside front bearing is the one I had 'advisory' on MOT 2 years in succession which miraculously got better at the next MOT.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Off Topic

Post by boxerman on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:11 am

Paulmold wrote:The nearside front bearing is the one I had 'advisory' on MOT 2 years in succession which miraculously got better at the next MOT.
This one is definitely up the spout! There should be a little end play in them and much depends on the guy doing the testing knowing this.
There's more than a little on mine though Whistle1

Frank
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:54 am

Hi

Getting back to the drain tap problems. I cut the original off, and replaced it with a rubber wine bottle stop which works perfectly(adds a nice touch of flavour to the wine as well smile! ) No working parts to gunge up.

Andy allthumbz

andygump

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Off Topic

Post by whisky on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 am

Hi All.

I have also had exactly the same experience as Paul. This was when we had the old type MOT certificates. On the new ones nothing. If you cannot check it yourself get a second opinion before you go replacing.

Hi Frank.

Having read most of your posts on the forum I have no doubt that changing the wheel bearings on your van will be just a routine job for you. Nip in quick before it gets to cold outside to work on it. shiver

Good luck. Whisky. champagne

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:57 am

Hi

And while he's doing your wheel bearings, get him to have a look at your "WASTE TAP" hugegrins hugegrins

Andy up!

andygump

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisvesey on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:31 am

I've had exactly the same advisories each year but for different wheels hugegrins
ignore,
Chris.
Unless of course they are actually worn
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sold it

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 pm

andygump wrote:Hi

Getting back to the drain tap problems. I cut the original off, and replaced it with a rubber wine bottle stop which works perfectly(adds a nice touch of flavour to the wine as well smile! ) No working parts to gunge up.

Andy allthumbz

Aaaaargh!!!

I just know that if I did the same thing then the carpet would have added wine stains within minutes ....... up! up!

........ but what a great idea! allthumbz Pity I have just invested in a straight through plastic ball valve!! tap_fingers tap_fingers

Best regards.
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Regarding waste taps, on the 2 previous vans, and other friends vans I have fitted a straight through type valve made by CAK, for you locals Spinney stock both the large and small types and I have in the past seen them in todds although at a higher price Grey body with a red lever.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum