¡Viva España!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

¡Viva España!

Post by RML on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Hello.
Has anyone stayed at Cabopino, southern Spain, if so what is your opinion please?
Last winter we used Bonterra and Kiko near Valencia, but would like to venture further south this time, so if you've also used these a comparison would be appreciated.
Many thanks.
Rich.. cold
RML

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ¡Viva España!

Post by Dutto on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Rich,

We stayed there for a couple of weeks last November. (Mainly to visit friends in nearby Mijas.)

It's quite a nice site but we wouldn't return because the area is totally dominated by the motorway that runs past the front of the site and separates "the coast" from "the mountains".

We love cycling and found that the motorway just about cut everything down to either tackling mountains, going backwards and forwards across the motorway on bridges or (even worse) cycling along the one metre wide concrete strip that runs at the back of the motorway crash barrier!!

As a result of this, going anywhere from the site entails either using the van or catching a bus. On the plus side, there are regular bus services running to both Marbella and Fuengirola and a bus-stop within 200 metres of the site gates.

When we left Cabopino we went back north to Camping Marjal Costa Blanca and we are re-booked there for this coming winter. Check out ......

http://www.marjalcostablanca.com

... it's an amazing site and, for us, perfect.

I love showing everyone this photograph to give you an idea of the standards set by the site. It is one of the four Pet Grooming Rooms!

Enjoy and maybe see you there in November!

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RML on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks Ian.
Camping Marjal was also suggested by some friends of ours so a second recommendation is good to hear.
Like the photo, better than our bathroom.
We didn't take bikes last time and relied on public transport but it is a consideration this time. Saw many pro cycling teams in training, and several women selling oranges (..?...) around Valencia but Mrs Co-pilot wouldn't let me stop to buy any.
Haven't decided when we go yet but if we come to Marjal I'll look you up.
Cheers
Rich..

RML

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Rich,

We also noticed the ladies selling their wares on the side of the road and "ditto" with the Prohibition Notice!

However, we were totally amazed in one village that had a three metres wide road, three houses and TWO ladies plying their trade! Without wishing to be non-PC neither of them were what we used to call "oil-paintings" and the thought that someone was eager enough to make the five mile journey from the main-road to the village made me happier to be past the "desperation of youth" stage!

We are booked on corner plot A133. See you there if you make it; and bring the bikes there are hundreds of kilometres of nice flat country roads to cycle on! up!

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GLYNFORSTER on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:03 pm

We wintered on Camping Internacional La Marina 5 mnutes up the road from Marjal in 2008-2010 and this is also an excellent 5* site, the longer you stay for the more discount you get, as we wee there for 4-6 months we we getting 60% discount so very reasonable, both sites have good entertainment & leisure facilities.

There are good shops locally ncluding a Mercadona and even an Iceland, Ramons spanish bar on La Marina Urbanization do excellent steaks the best ive ever tasted anywhere in europe, the Tapas bar on the N332 between La Marina campsite and village is also worth a visit both get very busy so you may need to book.

I hope this helps a little and i just wish i was heading south again for winter but unfortunately need to work for a few years now to build the coffers back up.

Enjoy

Cheers Glyn

GLYNFORSTER

Male

Member Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:28 am

GLYNFORSTER wrote:............. but unfortunately need to work for a few years now to build the coffers back up.

Enjoy

Cheers Glen

Ah "Work"! The curse of the drinking class!! I remember it fondly; but have no desire to re-visit!! lol4 lol4

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum