biodegradable toilet wipes in cassette loo

Go down

biodegradable toilet wipes in cassette loo

Post by Nuevo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:40 pm

trying to be serious here Whistle1 does anyone use biodegradable toilet wipes in their cassette loo ? second question is it okay to use wipes in the cassette loo or is it to be avoided ?

Ta

Dave beer-drinking-smiley
Nuevo

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: biodegradable toilet wipes in cassette loo

Post by Dutto on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Ho ho ho!!!

I can answer this one from personal experience!

Bio-degradable means it will "bio-degrade" within a couple of years. Personally, we empty our toilet more often than that.

With regard to actually using "toilet wipes" our good friend Roy from Glasgow has this fetish about needing a nice smelling backside; even though we don't know of anyone who bothers to smell it, including his wife.

Back in 2000 when "toilet wipes" were a novelty Roy and Fiona came to stay for a few days in our caravan. Needless to say I had the job of emptying the loo and discovering that, as Roy's wipes hadn't disintegrated, I had to pull them out of the spout to get the cassette to empty!! (Also, being expert in these matters, I wasn't wearing rubber gloves!)

THEY HAVE BEEN BANNED IN OUR CARAVAN, MOTORHOME AND HOUSE SINCE THAT OCCASION!

At the moment Anglian Water are running a huge campaign to explain that the sewage system cannot cope with wipes; biodegradable or not!

Hope this answers your question. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:15 pm

its for the wife not me winks you know how it is hugegrins

Ta

Dave
Nuevo

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Dave,

If your good lady empties the cassette then I fully support their use; and I will bet good money that they are banned within a week! up!
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:31 pm

no chance of that happening dutto think you can guess who gets that job hugegrins

nite-nite

Dave
Nuevo

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:24 pm

If you ever watch Life of Grime and you see the guys cleaning out the sewers they are always moaning about the problems these cause in main sewers (along with grease) lovely to watch especially if you are having tea at the time.
So I can imagine the problems they would cause in a cassette.
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:22 am

Campievanner wrote:If you ever watch Life of Grime and you see the guys cleaning out the sewers they are always moaning about the problems these cause in main sewers (along with grease) lovely to watch especially if you are having tea at the time.

Hi there,

When I lived in Brigg I worked part-time for a local plumber. The gentleman concerned taught me many "tricks of the trade" but his Achilles Heel was any job that involved a blocked toilet or sewer.

Ah happy memories of watching John dry-heaving in time with every shove and pull of the cleaning rods! If ever a man should have chosen a different trade it was him.

For those people who allow the use of "wet-wipes" in their cassette toilets I sincerely hope that they have strong stomachs because I can guarantee that one day you will need to pull them out of the spout by hand!

Enjoy! allthumbz allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:37 pm

The first time I used the MH on a festival trip I couldn't empty the loo at all! Even the special loo paper was getting stuck. Much flushing out needed with loads of extra water -- leaving it to fester and then trying again. Not a good start... fedup
My friend reminded me that in Spain even with normal loos, people with septic tanks don't put paper (or wipes!) down the loo, but store in a wee lidded bucket-with-a-bag next to it. A thought....
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:17 pm

MrsGrey wrote:............

My friend reminded me that in Spain even with normal loos, people with septic tanks don't put paper (or wipes!) down the loo, but store in a wee lidded bucket-with-a-bag next to it. A thought....

The other thing you should NEVER put down a septic tank system is bleach in ANY of its MANY forms. (i.e. almost every toilet cleaning liquid on the market!) tap_fingers tap_fingers

Bleach (sodium hypochlorite) kills the bugs that digest the stuff in the septic tank; the septic tank then stops working as it should and you have to empty it every year instead of every fifteen to twenty years!

Incidentally, bleach is also banned in "Petal" as we use bio-laundry liquid in our toilet (cassette and flush) and bleach renders the "bio" part of the liquid ineffective.

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Oh is bio-laundry liquid as good as/better than the "official" stuff for cassette loos?
Definitely get the point about bleach anyway though I wouldn't have considered using it anyway. Nasty stuff.
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 pm

MrsGrey wrote:Oh is bio-laundry liquid as good as/better than the "official" stuff for cassette loos?
Definitely get the point about bleach anyway though I wouldn't have considered using it anyway. Nasty stuff.

Hi there,

We have used bio-laundry liquid sachets (Formil from Lidl are as cheap as we can find) for the cassette and from a bottle (again a tiny drop of Formil from Lidl every other time we top-up the water) in the flush water for nearly a year now and have no complaints.

We stopped using the Thetford "pink" liquid on the basis that it generated a black slime that needed to be wiped off the toilet bowl after flushing and see no reason to return.

Some sites in Germany (and some CL's in the UK that have septic tanks) insist that you use a bio-laundry liquid in your toilet.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Biodegradeable wipes

Post by JanGlover on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:32 pm

We use Andrex Washlets and provided you only use a single thickness ie one sheet at a time, they do not get stuck when you empty the cassette. They are fully biodegradable. Tried and tested!
JanGlover

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Interesting. What a great conversation this is! hugegrins
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:59 pm

JanGlover wrote:We use Andrex Washlets and provided you only use a single thickness ie one sheet at a time, they do not get stuck when you empty the cassette. They are fully biodegradable. Tried and tested!

Hi there,

Never heard of the product so Googled it and got this!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, had never heard of Dawn Porter either. (I initially thought she was the toothy/mouthy Cockney hag; but wrong again!) Whistle1

Anyway, despite all the recommendations I see no reason to risk them blocking my cassette. up!

But then again, I am an ancient Boy Scout who has progressed from grass to dock-leaves to newspaper to toilet paper (via the "buff and polish" Izal brand) and now manage quite adequately with whatever Lidl have on offer! allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JanGlover on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:42 pm

I got kicked out of the Brownies which probably explains a lot! The only use I know for dock leaves is to reduce the pain from stinging nettles. Is there a connection? broomstick
JanGlover

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:43 pm

JanGlover wrote:I got kicked out of the Brownies which probably explains a lot! The only use I know for dock leaves is to reduce the pain from stinging nettles. Is there a connection? broomstick

Only if you squat down and the back into the nettles as you are attempting to find some privacy in the gateway to a field!

It happened to my sister once. I was seven years old and she was fifteen. I thought it was hysterically funny at the time; and I still do! lol4 lol4

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum