New Members Joining

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: New Members Joining

Post by orian on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi CC

If some of these silent members are inclined to be " shockingly rude and in some cases abusive..." it is just as well they don't want to be part of this friendly forum. best_friends

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 pm

orian wrote:Hi CC

If some of these silent members are inclined to be " shockingly rude and in some cases abusive..." it is just as well they don't want to be part of this friendly forum. best_friends

You beat me to it Bob …….. My sentiments exactly sensored1 em

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New members joining

Post by murph on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:53 am

I agree with admin and others, a seperate leaving section is not a good good idea in my opinion, for reasons stated, with regards to a seperate section for non AS owners does seem to be spreading the forums wings further than was origionally intended.
I am quite sure there must be people who have joined intending to buy an AS and finished up buying another make for various reasons, but who have stayed with us because this is such a helpful forum. Do we want to exclude these people.

Brian2
murph

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 am

Hi Murph.... (Brian 2 up! )

We don't exclude anyone from the forum unless they break rules (and that is extremely rare)

There is always the "General Motorhome Forums" area where personally I think anyone coming on board who isn't an owner of an Auto-Sleeper should ideally be posting. I think the trouble is as Frank (boxerman) has said on a few occasions people are wrongly sold motorhomes as Auto-Sleepers when they are not, a look on ebay often confirms this, so some of these members may be totally unaware as hard as it seems to be to believe... by opening up the forum to other makes I think we loose what we are all about, can you imagine a Bailey caravan forum accepting Swift caravan owners for an example?

Also, many of these members (despite being welcomed) seem to disappear after a short time anyway and this could be because once they read through the discussions in more depth they realise it's purpose, so don't really see what they bring to the table anyway shrugg there are so many good forums around like Motorhome Facts, Motorhome Fun, Outandaboutlive (and numerous others) that I think they should really be politely directed to those instead by our members if they clearly:

Do Not have an Auto-Sleeper or Are Not intending buying an Auto-Sleeper and therefore using the forum to research different models.

I think personally we don't want to loose sight of what we are "A Forum For Auto-Sleeper Owners" the whole reason a few of us got together in the first place was to create such a community up!

Keep the comments coming everyone....

CC

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:12 am

stuartneale1 wrote:Hello,

I am about to put my two pennyworth in for whatever it is worth. I am not usually a forum type of guy, and I come from the school of if it's not broken don't fix it, and if all else fails read the manual!

I have had a camper van for years, and it was not until I bought a Renault Rimini that I have ever joined anything being of the belief that why would I want to join something that would have me as a member. hugegrins

Probably I like most was surfing the net looking for information on a certain topic, and in my case found it on the RTMR site, I joined RTMR (yes one of Franks lot!), clicked on the reciprocal links, and found this site.

What a fantastic site, but very daunting for new members, the wealth of knowledge, and information provided is amazing, but does unfortunately come from a hard core of members, and plucking up enough courage to add anything does takes some doing.

I would guess that the majority of the site initially joined in search of information, found the answers to their questions, and are now quite happy to view the posts, see what has been written, put some of it into play, but say nothing.

To be honest we have nothing to add the main contributors have solved the problems usually by the time we get out of bed, and that is what most of us are looking for.

Yes it is nice if you can add a bit, but the service is so good there is usually links to Ebay, other posts, or weird and wonderful sites that most of us never knew existed! why do we need to post when you guys do such a fantastic job?

All I can say is this site works the contributors know what they are talking about, and most of us would not know a 3/8" nut on a pig tail if it hit us in the face! but the rest of us are obviously happy just to look on in amazement, and enjoy the information and banter long may it continue allthumbz

Stuart

Stuart has said it all for me.
as you will see from the amount of posts i have contributed, i am a reader not a talker but take my hat off to all the people with the knowledge and info that helps me get the most out of my Nuevo. I have been a (tent) camper and walker for many years and until a very wet trip to Croatia on my motorbike decided that i would become an old f :sensored1:t and buy a van, it was the best decision i have made in a long time and this forum has given me so much information that i would not be adverse to contributing financially if that was deemed necessary. After all where would people like me get so much advice and entertainment without people like Dutto, Whisky et al
"H"

Last edited by Admin on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Colour fonts removed - colour fonts are reserved for use by moderators only, thanks.)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:16 am

Dutto wrote:
brodco wrote:.........

I notice that some people have said “Goodbye” in the “Introduce yourself” section. Perhaps the moderators may consider introducing a “Goodbye” section. It would allow all of us to better understand why people leave.

Hi there,

I think that is an excellent idea.

I enjoy the Forum but if I ever gave up "Petal" and din't get a replacement I would feel a bit of a fraud staying a Member. (On the other hand, I will probably be so decrepit by then that I wouldn't be able to post anything anyway!!)

Best regards,
drinksallround

Hi there,

I hate to "quote" myself but I have changed my mind.

After reading the other Posts I now think that a "Goodbye" section is probably not the "excellent idea" that I originally endorsed.

Apart from the reasons given in other Posts my own experience tells me that people leaving the forum due to personal grievances would almost certainly leave something like a Suicide Note in the "Goodbye" section as an attempt to make everyone they leave behind feel bad!

It would maybe make hilarious reading for some of us old-timers; but it would also make a terrible impression on anyone who was considering joining the Forum.

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:35 am

If we already have people who don't even say 'Hello', how many people will bother to say 'Goodbye' ?

PB
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 am

peugeotboxer wrote:If we already have people who don't even say 'Hello', how many people will bother to say 'Goodbye' ?

PB

Hi there,

In my very limited experience of Forums some people ONLY post when they are leaving! wave

These people seem to wait until something "offends" them (this can be anything from a non-PC comment to the state of the weather!) before posting anything.

They then start a vitriolic argument on the "offensive" topic, that goes backwards and forwards for half a dozen posts, before finding out that very few people actually agree with them.

At this point they flounce off into Internet heaven after throwing a hissy fit and posting an "I will never write to you ever again! (sob sob)" message!

Best regards (and hoping that you are not now upset of course!) gimmefive
drinksallround drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:55 am

Hi PB.

Unfortunatly It's the ones who do say goodbye that are the ones we dont want to loose. Andygump for example. shrugg

Whisky.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Dutto wrote:
peugeotboxer wrote:If we already have people who don't even say 'Hello', how many people will bother to say 'Goodbye' ?

PB

Best regards (and hoping that you are not now upset of course!) gimmefive
drinksallround drinksallround

I don't think I like the tone of your emoticons!!!!!

(I may therefore be staying on this forum forever!!)

Whistle1

PB

peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content