Park Coppice Caravan Club Site - Coniston

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Park Coppice Caravan Club Site - Coniston

Post by MrsCC on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Park Coppice Caravan Club site a short distance from the shores of Coniston Water. We approached the site down a long tarmac drive and booked in at reception around 1pm. It appeared a busy site with several wardens on duty on arrival but then with 280 pitches I guess you need a few wardens. happyyes

We were given a site map and left to find a pitch and locate the facilities, just informed to return to reception with our pitch number to collect the key for the toilet block and barrier card, which we did.

View of reception

As we drove around the site looking for a pitch, the pitches are on different levels as the site is up and down as you weave through the trees. All pitches were hard standing and set in groups amongst the trees as its set within national trust woodland. Pitches varied in size, some being quiet large and other surprisingly quiet small. The pitches were mostly slopping and chocks are essential.

Views of the Pitches

There are 3 toilet blocks On_loo with plenty of facilities inside, however several cubicle doors to showers and toilets in both male and female sides appeared to be locked to prevent people from using them – maybe to save on cleaning! clean_up

One of the Toilet Block

The water collection points, waste + chemical disposal points were numerous in number and spread throughout the site so not far to walk to find one. There is digital TV available via a connection at the hook up point and also Wi-Fi is available. pc There are dedicated children play areas and the site is used by people with a boating interest as there is direct access onto Coniston Water. boat

At the top of the site there is a walk into Coniston just over a mile long which is not a level walk and hard going unless you are quiet fit! jogging The walk takes you through fields of sheep, along what appears to be a disused railway and down dozens of steps into the village. But the best route to take into Coniston is the one at the bottom of the site. doubleup This takes you along part of Coniston waters through nation trust land (with some sheep), but is level and easy going. The National Trust land also doubles as a campsite know as Coniston Hall campsite and seemed quiet busy. campers

The Caravan Club usually requests new comers to arrive after 12 noon but it appears on this site you can arrive any time up to 8pm at night then the late night arrival areas can be utilised.

On the whole this site is in a lovely location close to Ambleside, Coniston, Windermere and other areas within the scenic Lake District, worth a look if youare in the area.

MrsCC

Female

Member Age : 50
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Park Coppice Caravan Club Site - Coniston

Post by roli on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks for that report, its one of the sites we have never stayed at but passed many times. Is that your dog getting in on the picture ???

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewart John on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi

Just got back from there today stayed there for the week. Had some lovely walks along the shore line and through the woods. Had a lot rain and showers, it's not looking to good next week aswell.

beachball

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz 2.0 2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCC on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:46 pm

roli wrote: Is that your dog getting in on the picture ???
Hi Roger - It is indeed - she loves to get in on the action! Well spotted detective

Stewart John wrote:Hi Just got back from there today stayed there for the week.

Hi Stewart, shame we didnt realise you were a member - were you the one parked on the corner near the childrens play area at the bototm of the site, front end parked inwards? girl-thinking

MrsCC

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewart John on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi MrsCC

Yes it was me, I must get a windscreen sticker on the front and back. Was it you who left a ASOF calling card under the wiper blade. I did not notice it till I was in Windermere area unless there was another member out there.

allthumbz

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz 2.0 2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCC on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi

Yes it was us, me, hubby (Cruizing Comet) and Candy our german shorthaired pointer who left the ASOF calling card on site. It did well not to blow away! Shame we missed you.

MrsCC

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Csodás képek Wonderful pictures

Post by tollpihe on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:53 pm

I wish Mindenki have a Nice weekend!
Unfortunately my dreams - egyenlőre- they did not come true.
I cannot write accounts of experiences because everything is my desire because of the illness onto later one consisted of. Unfortunately.
I do not want to write bad ones because this side is not about this.
I browse it because of that from the excursions the beautiful stories, because I believe it our dreams come true at us once!
Additional beautiful day and wonderful season!
tollpihe

Female

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum