Dockray Meadow Caravan Club Site - Cumbria

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dockray Meadow Caravan Club Site - Cumbria

Post by MrsCC on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Dockray Caravan Club site – Lamplugh, a site set in spacious setting with pitches set out facing one another in a figure of eight shape. A quiet location with a hill in the background and a babbling stream along one side. shush We arrived around 1pm after a 60 minute journey and were greeted by the female warden. She explained where to pitch (i.e. on pitches marked with white pegs and not the red ones! No reason was given and I didn't think to ask!), she also informed us where the motor home were and to come back to reception after 3pm and inform them which pitch we have chosen and a key to the information room would be given.

Picture of reception area

There was no toilet block on site but we knew this before booking up up! . There were 2 motor home and 3 places to get water from and disposal of rubbish and chemical waste. The site was tidy with grass cut, hedges trimmed and pitches weeded – this is a very well kept site a credit to the wardens. cut_the_grass gardenb

We choose our pitch – all pitches were hard standing (53) and quiet a few were not level. We used our chocks to level our home. For the hook up and TV we needed to use 25m length cable, but not all were this far away from the hook up points.

Views of the site

We had problems with the flies swamping around our motor home on arrival and when returning to the site after a day out, I asked CC if he had had a showered recently rofl3 or maybe this was down to the horses in the near by field! snigger or just the heat coming off our engine scratch head .

The site is conveniently located for Keswick, Cockermouth, Whitehaven as well as Derwent Water and the lesser known lakes of Enneradale, Loweswater and Cogra Moss all assessable down narrow roads so ideal if you have your bicycle handy. cycle

MrsCC

Female

Member Age : 50
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum