Hafod y Llan Campsite Snowdonia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hafod y Llan Campsite Snowdonia

Post by Tommy-Darcy on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:53 am

This is the campsite where I was warden for the 2010/2011 seasons. The campsite itself is strictly tents only with NO vehicles in the tent field, but as warden I permitted motorhomes/camper vans in the carpark for the same fee as tenters OFF PEAK ONLY. £6.50 per adult per night £3.00 for kids. Providing all the tent campers have not taken all the fire pits you can pick one yourself (£7.00 per fire per night with wood provided).

Hafod y Llan is a National Trust owned and run site at the foot of Snowdon. Check on ukcampsites for details allthumbz the wardens mentioned in the reviews (Ian & Ann) were us. The new warden is not as chatty as we were, but won't bother you provided the site rules are adhered to.

A beautiful (off the map) basic campsite, but be prepared for Mountain weather systems and midges. It is like wild camping with a basic facilities building. No chemical waste point so please don't flush your cassette down the loo. The sewage system runs through a reed bed, and the chemicals are not good for this.

Mention me if you see anyone with an NT shirt. (Ian and Ann the previous site Rangers)

up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hafod y Llan Campsite Snowdonia

Post by hillwalker on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:32 am

can you give a bit more info as to where this site is? i am local to this and would love to have a quickie day or two there
"H"

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:42 am

From Beddgelert; Take the A498 towards Capel Curig past Llyn Dinas (lake) on the right into Nantgwynant. Go past the "Dragon" log cabins on left along the straight you will notice a "BT" phone box on the left, just after this is a turning to the left into a farm drive with a maroon hanging sign with a tent and shower logo on it. This is where the steps are for the start of the Watkin Path. Over the cattle grid, continue along the drive, through the farm yard (gates may be closed depending on what the farm workers are doing, open with care) until you reach the camp site carpark. Find a flat ish position and enjoy.

From the Pen y Gurig hotel (at the junction where the Llanberis pass meets the A498) head towards Beddgelert. Continue down the winding road past Llyn Gwynant lake on the right into Nantgwynant. Notice Bethania pay and display carpark on the left, a few yards further is the previously mentioned farm drive on the right.

If you go onto "Google Maps" get directions, type in Beddgelert to Nantgwynant, bring up the map and zoom in, "Hafod y Llan National Trust farm" comes up, look to the right of this past the farm buildings the carpark is the large grey area where the marked road ends.

Hope this helps. There is direct access through the campsite to the Watkin Path allthumbz

Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveUK on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:38 am

Or direct link here.
SteveUK
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:49 am

Ha ha yes, that would have been easier DOH !!!! had_idea

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveUK on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 am

I can't believe that it worked, especially as I forgot to double-check it before posting! happy clapper
SteveUK
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 pm

thanks for all that, I have passed the site numerous times on my way up to Snowdon and never realised it was there
Cheers
Haydn

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum