campsites near belfast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

campsites near belfast

Post by spotlight kid on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:15 pm

hi everyone

looking at going to see our friends in dunmurry near belfast..seems to be a real sparsity of campsites around that area...been over before..we usually go stranraer/belfast and return belfast/ birkenhead...last time camped near enniskillen..and stayed in friends house rest of time..not available this time as they have moved..anyone had any experience round dunmurry area?....thanks..ian and pat confused3
spotlight kid

Auto-Sleeper : executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: campsites near belfast

Post by cal on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi Spotlight Kid, yes your right there are a real shortage of sites in the Belfast area - only one I know and its on the wrong site of Belfast is http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=7556 at Jordanstown quite a new site and been completely refurbished - would be ok if you are travelling back and forward off peak times about 12 miles in fairly straight road/motorway but you may like to get a bit closer than that
cal
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:48 pm

We stay at a CL on IslandMagee and then get the train into Belfast.

http://www.ford-farm.co.uk/

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=8391
One of the reviews was done by me in my UKCS guise.

The owners are lovely and always happy to help with advice for places to visit etc.

Not sure if it helps but is another option. It is also a really short drive from Larne and the ferries.

Cant remember the name of the station but if you look it up I am sure you will find it. The trains when we have been are fairly frequent.
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi spotlight kid,

There is a council run site at Dundonald on the outskirts of East Belfast (check the Castlereagh District Council website) Gets good reports but near a leisure centre and Housing estate which some people are not too happy about.

Join www.motorhomecraic.com the all ireland website and forum. Free, friendly and loads of advice.

I think there is a council site at Banbridge which is just 15 mts down the motorway from Dunmurry and a private site a further 5 mts from banbridge but I can't remember the name. Also good commercial sites at Newcastle Co Down 40 mts from Belfast, also near newcastle there is a forestry service site at Tollymore which is good and of course the C&CC site at Delamont near Downpatrick. both popular and may need to be booked.

I am going away for a few days on wed so may not have wifi, but PM me if you want or contact the gang on motorhome craic.

Enjoy your trip.

Davy
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re.campsites near belfast

Post by spotlight kid on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks everyone

the one at jordanstown looks good with a bus service to belfast and carrickfergus.....got a few weeks yet to decide..wasnt keen on the one near the icerink etc..love that part or the world..strangely enough countrywise tonight was in N.I...up near the giants causeway... up!
spotlight kid

Auto-Sleeper : executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

camp sites Belfast

Post by murph on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:24 pm

If Carrickfergus is near enough, there is one of the very few aires in Britian ther somewhere, affilliated to the motorcarravaners club but open to all I understand.

Brian2
murph

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum