Kessingland C&CC Site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kessingland C&CC Site

Post by deckie on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:37 pm

We recently spent three nights here (after a 9 yr break) and had a great time up!

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx?id=6200

Nice Site with excellent, well cared for facilities allthumbz

There was some noise from the two “Wind Turbines” (one each side of the Campsite) but didn’t bother us at all !!

Our main reason for visiting this site, was for the “Africa Alive” wildlife Park …… literally at the Campsite entrance.

http://www.africa-alive.co.uk/

I normally like waking up to the Sun shining through the window and a “Wandering Hand” hugegrins but have got to admit that a Lion’s Roar takes some beating allthumbz

There is something there for everyone …..

I suggest you take the (free) “Tractor Train” ride first, to get your bearings …… (The Park is much larger than you think)

We paid the extra charge (£15 each) to go on the, “Plains of Africa - Safari Experience” which takes you into the enclosure, amongst the Rhino’s, Zebra’s, Ostriches’ and best of all, Hand-feeding the Giraffes (Brilliant)

With such a variety, it’s hard to pick out a favourite Animal, but we went back in the “Ring-tailed Lemurs” enclosure three times ….. the “Little Monkeys” ( hugegrins ) love people about …… I could spend hours just watching their antics.

My advice ….. Go allthumbz

On another day, we took the Bus to Southold …..

A place I always wanted to see and walk up ‘Those’ Steps, used in Michael Palins “East of Ipswich” ……

I also thought there might be a Plaque on one of the houses which was Miss Wilbraham’s Boarding-House (but if there was, I didn’t see it so_sad )

Had Fish n Chips on the Pier very nice ……

Glad to say the Light-House was closed that day …… so that saved a climb (what a relief uncertain )

We were also going to take the Bus to Lowestoft ….. but the good old British weather put paid to that …… still “We shall return”

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kessingland C&CC Site

Post by whisky on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi Deckie.

Nice to see you enjoyed your time at my main hunting ground. So to speak. Don't be too disappointed by not getting to Lowstoft, it has got quite run down over the last few years. Now becoming a bit of a night spot for the young. (As I'm a bit younger than you I know about these things. hugegrins ) There seems to be a lot of unemployed immigrants around the shopping centre part of the town, can seem a little intimidating. Next time your there have a look at Flixdton air museum. look here

All the best. Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kessingland C&CC Site

Post by deckie on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi Whisky (Youth hugegrins )

Thanks for the info up!

Put it down to old age, but I had completely forgotten that you had mentioned "Flixton air museum" before scratch head will certainly check it out next time allthumbz

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum