The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CClub or C&CClub which do I join?

+17
matchlessman
Dutto
Johno
ubuntu1
-mojo-
deckie
Paulmold
petern
Ann B
CC
terrybrinklow
Minniesmum
Beatty
sapper997
roli
murph
ginner38
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty CClub or C&CClub which do I join?

Post by ginner38 Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:56 am

I am thinking of joining the CC or the C&CL but which one and why confused3 confused3

cheers Dave

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : executive 2000

Back to top Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty which one do I join

Post by murph Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi Dave,
We have for the last few years been members of the CC and as wild campers who use CLs/CSs on accasions to fill up with water, empty the toilet ETC.
We have found that CC CLs either have no electric(the sort we want at about £5to7 a night but if you can only find sites with electric in the area you want you pay £11 to £15 and you pay this even if you dont want electric. We are now planningto join C& CC as I understand in most cases they charge extra for electric rather than paying an all inclusive fee, though I think they have slightly less sites. So it depends with regards to sites, what you require with regards to everything else I think they are about on a par.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty Re: CClub or C&CClub which do I join?

Post by roli Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 pm

We are in both the CC and the C&CC and for what they cost its only equiv to a couple of nights in the pub.

They both have a good main and 5 van sites network. and a netwoork of local groups which you may or may not choose to get involved with.

As far as motorhomers are concerned I think the C&CC is more tailored to our needs one of which Brian mentions. Another if you are over 55 there is the wrinklies concession which can get you on a good full facility site for the price of a CL and there is the option of joining a dedicated motorhome section (optional)

If you want to rally the C&CC does not require you to book in advance for most rallies and have temp holiday sites which are good value.
The CC require you to pre book rallies.

Both have special deals available for members such as insurance and breakdown recovery options and many others

There are some other things that differ, the main one being the CC will take a site booking on trust, the C&CC require a deposit when booking on main club sites.
The latter does have the advantage that it cuts down block bookers who may not turn up and not cancel CC bookings which means there can be problems getting on CC sites.

roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty Which Club

Post by murph Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi Roger,
Thanks for filling us in on differences between the 2 clubs, we used to be tmembers of both, but dropped C&CC as CC had more sites but I now believe this was a mistake. 1 club suits us better as we only visit the UK 4 or 5 times a year, and with having the additional cost of shipping we have to save as much money as possible. Also their 1 trip insurance for our trip to Italy was nearly a third of the price of CC for the cover we require.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty Which club?

Post by sapper997 Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:47 pm

We have been members of the C&CC for the last 12 years and use CSs and Tempory holiday sites all the time.
The club sites can be a bit on the expensive side unless used in mid or low season with a wrinklies consession allthumbz
We also enter all the competitions,and have been lucky enough to win a return ferry crossing to France, AND a weekend
in Amsterdam good2
Ray
sapper997
sapper997
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : EXECUTIVE

Back to top Go down

Post by ginner38 Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:11 pm

it looks like we will be joining the c&cc as the wife is classed as a wrinkler hugegrins

cheers Dave

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : executive 2000

Back to top Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty Which club to join

Post by Beatty Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Both Beatty's owners are wrinklies so you have helped us to decide which club to join. Hope to see you there. J&J
Beatty
Beatty

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : vw clubman gl

Back to top Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty Which Club

Post by murph Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:21 am

Hi All,
We have just rejoined the C&CC, and looking at the site guide quite a high proportion of the CSs are a lot dearer than the full sites with better facilities, patricularly in low or mid season with wrinklies discount. I have come to the conclusion that some CS owners are pricing themselves out of the market or can someone tell me different, many seem to be even dearer than the CC CLs.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 pm

I belong to both and wouldn't like to choose a fav. C and C Club have the wrinklies discounts. CC offers mid-week discounts. I've found most CS's and CL's charge per pitch and being a solo camper don't offer value for money. Its good to have the wider choice of available sites by joining both. up!

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty Which club to join ?

Post by terrybrinklow Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi Dave,
We used to be in both,but the CC.web site is better for booking sites and you don`t have to pay up front, which can be quite a lot, as we tend to move every 2 or 3 days, and if you are only staying one night you pay the full amount at the time of booking.Generaly my wife says CC.sites are 5 star and C&CC are 4star.Sometimes the sites are next to each other so you pays your money and takes your choice ,largely depending where you are going.Lots of people belong to both ,we used to but found we weren`t using the C&CC at and after 2 seasons of no used canceled our membership although they are the Friendlyist club,But the CC sites do have all electric hook ups, and TV hook ups which we appreciate especally in the winter months.
Terry
terrybrinklow
terrybrinklow
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm

We have been members of both the Caravan Club (CC) and the Caravan and Camping Club (C&CC) since we started camping / motorhoming, but this year we have decided to only go with the Caravan Club (CC) simply because we generally find the sites are of a better standard, and we also find booking sites via the Caravan Club (CC) website much easier.... We have decided that as we have not used one single C&CC site throughout 2012 that we will not renew our membership as we find the Caravan Club just suits our needs better.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann B Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:42 pm

We looked at site locations and decided to join both. Both have a reduced price for members (not counting the 'wrinklies and mid-week discounts) and so you get your membership money back very quickly.
Have booked a couple of CC sites in March and April and then a week on various C&CC club site in June.
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm a " beach-bum" and between both clubs have managed to find a nice selection of coastal locations. I was in the C and CClub only for 3 years, but looked at the CC site map and decided it was worth joining as well. Have just spent 5 nights at Seaview CC site near Berwick- fab. But also love Dunbar which is C and CC. up!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:54 pm

At risk of upsetting one or two of our senior members I can't help but feel this is discrimination against us younger campers....

Why does one person get their pitch cheaper than we do simply because they are older? It's annoying when we find it impossible to book a pitch as the site is fully booked (wonder how many of these pitches are at discounted rates?) don't mean this post to be offensive but I can't help but feel discriminated against over this....

Going back to my pram now I've thrown all my toys out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CC

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edited)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by petern Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:20 pm

As an oldie (but, I like to pretend, by no means a wrinkly!) I suspect one of the reasons why there is a discount for us is that many of us are on fixed incomes and suffering; also its a bit of a reward to the many years of membership of clubs like the C and CC; but most important, it recognises the fact that, as retired, we can be flexible in when we travel so that we can use sites at times when they would not be particularly busy. I would agree with cruizingcomet however that it is not right that the discount should apply during really busy periods.

petern
petern
petern

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rapport

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:27 pm

petern wrote: I would agree with cruizingcomet however that it is not right that the discount should apply during really busy periods.

petern

It normally doesn't apply in high season. If you look through the C&CC site book you will only find a few where the discount applies all year round.

We are members of both clubs (have been for only the last year, prior to last year we had been with the C&CC for 10 years and prior to that the CC for 15 years) for the simple reason of more sites to choose from and often if wanting to go to a particular area we found that one club would not have a site in that area but the other one would.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:49 pm

I'm 58, was made redundant last May after 35 years service, have no income other than my deflated company pension, and am grateful for any discounts that are going. However you have a point. I think the Caravan Club mid-week discounts are much fairer as there is no age discrimination.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:30 pm

"Nice one" CC allthumbz

I think it's about time 'we' got a discount at the Dartford Crossing ...... willing to show my Bus Pass hugegrins

Brian

By the way, we are in both Clubs up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:17 pm

I will wait for a logical response as to why it is considered "fair" that because you are of senior age why it is your privilege to be entitled to a cheaper pitch fee as apposed to a 48 yr old like myself who pays the full price? Out of interest do disabled campers get site discounts and if not why not?

CC

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 am

I think its time to all to calm down guys. After all these are personal opinions to which we are entitled to have.

As I have said before the cost of these clubs is a couple of nights out in the pub. Most of us pay anything up to around £60k for our vans which are normally kept for a minimum of 3 years and we moan about £50 a year club fees.
We stay in the 4 clubs (C&CC, CC,MCC and ASOC) so we can go anywhere there is a site or meet when we want. We have also been on internet based club rallies, but will admit to being a member of only 1 paid for site nowadays (with whom we had an enjoyable new year) but this isn't for cash reasons.

roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Moving swiftly on.... (I can actually see both sides of that argument, so won't comment further).

I'm a member of both clubs, and have a slight preference for the CC club sites because I ~think~ that they are typically slightly cheaper for lone campers.

However, at the risk of repeating myself yet again, one thing that REALLY GETS MY GOAT (yes - all caps, no less) is the stupid CC&C "minimum 2 nights stay" during peak period weekends (or during the whole of peak period at some sites). It is so annoying to get "trapped" on a site for 2 nights simply because you're travelling at the weekend and are going far enough to need a stopover. And it's also annoying that the rule seems to be there purely to serve the commercial interests of the site operator - it does not serve the interests of club members at all, as far as I can see.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty Which club to join ?

Post by terrybrinklow Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:01 pm

I wish I could afford to spend 60k on a new van but I can't, am I jealous no . I am fortunate to at least have a nice, if old van which is more than some people. AM I jealous of the inequality of age discounts NO [We now qualify] . Am I envious of people who can take advantage of midweek discounts NO[I am now retired and can avail ourselves of them ]. Am I jealous of free kids offers NO [we don`t have any at home now]..There are many offers ,you just use the best ones you can, They are only there because people wish to have more customers.

The C&CC. and the CC both have different offers all to attract more users at quiet times .Being retired means you can take more advantage of out of season reductions,private sites also make offers out of season.
If any or all of the above apply then these should be taken into account when deciding which Club to join ,whether just one or both.

Terry
terrybrinklow
terrybrinklow
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:06 am

terrybrinklow wrote:I wish I could afford to spend 60k on a new van but I can't, am I jealous no . I am fortunate to at least have a nice, if old van which is more than some people. AM I jealous of the inequality of age discounts NO [We now qualify] . Am I envious of people who can take advantage of midweek discounts NO[I am now retired and can avail ourselves of them ]. Am I jealous of free kids offers NO [we don`t have any at home now]..There are many offers ,you just use the best ones you can, They are only there because people wish to have more customers.

The C&CC. and the CC both have different offers all to attract more users at quiet times .Being retired means you can take more advantage of out of season reductions,private sites also make offers out of season.
If any or all of the above apply then these should be taken into account when deciding which Club to join ,whether just one or both.

Terry
up! totally agree.

Female

Back to top Go down

CClub or C&CClub which do I join? Empty which club

Post by ubuntu1 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 am

Its also worth taking a look at Britstops - £30ish and then free stops around the UK.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 pm

ubuntu1 wrote:Its also worth taking a look at Britstops - £30ish and then free stops around the UK.

Just had a look at the Britstop site. Interesting. But no details whatsoever about approximate location of host sites. Think I'd want to know more about locations before investing.....

Female

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next