Push button knobs & rings. Where to buy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Push button knobs & rings. Where to buy?

Post by Andrewjohn on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Id like to replace the faded gold push buttons and surrounds for the door catches in our Symbol with nickel ones.
The catches themselves are all fine so don't really want to by 12 complete catches.
Does anyone know where a can just buy the knobs and surrounds?
Andrewjohn

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Push button knobs & rings. Where to buy?

Post by modelman on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Many push-buttons & surround rings on mine were worn as well, I rang Autosleepers & they supplied replacements.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile http://www.modelslipway.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Andrewjohn wrote:Id like to replace the faded gold push buttons and surrounds for the door catches in our Symbol with nickel ones.
The catches themselves are all fine so don't really want to by 12 complete catches.
Does anyone know where a can just buy the knobs and surrounds?

Hi Andrewjohn,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-nickel-push-button-and-rosette-for-caravan-motorhome-cabinet-door-PBN2-/180860977049?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item2a1c277f99

They also have Large ones ....... and the same in Brass

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrewjohn on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Thanks Brian, all the searching I did only came up with complete catches. allthumbz
Andrewjohn

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dudger on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:25 am

Yesterday i ordered a full set in chrome (21)
here is the tye you need HERE
Look around for the best deals - i will let you know if the place i used was any good after they arrive.

You will also need two cupboard knobs and new 41cm door rails for the oven if you want everything matching :)

Dudger

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1998 Talisman 2.5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dudger on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Just to update
My Van actually needed 13mm units rather than the 16mm i linked to - however you cant get 13mm in all the different finishes.
I have started fitting the sixteens - which i accomplished by getting some polyethylene washers 3/4" branded 'plumbsure' from B&Q - two of those behind the unit gives the correct spacing - then you just have to back of the catch to hold the door firm (I lengthened the screw slots by just over a mm so they were nice and tight and wont rattle)

Also you will need to replace the screws with some that are 3mm longer

On the loo door use one of the real spacers that you will find in the top kitchen cupboards - that keeps the inner face neat and tidy

Be carefull when removing the facia ring - you can damage the door facings if you are rough - probably best to cut into it with a hack saw blade and snap it inwards to release its grip.

HTH

Dudger

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1998 Talisman 2.5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peel on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Resurrecting an old thread here....

Please does anyone know how to remove the old rosettes when replacing these? Is it just a case of carefully prising them off?
Thanks folks confused3
Peel

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trident

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Please try to avoid prising - it is very difficult to do without damaging the front surface, and A-S have been known to glue some of the rings in place.

The method I used was to find a strong tubular object (best I found was an appropriate size from a socket set) and tap them out from behind (having removed the catch beforehand, obviously). Take it slowly and watch for any sign of the surface lifting on the outside (which can happen if they have been glued). If so, stop and use a hacksaw instead.
-mojo-

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum