Certified Sites

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Certified Sites

Post by CC on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:16 pm

If anyone has any recommendations for certified sites around the North Wales area of Llandudno, Rhyl, & Conwy areas + Anglesey I'd be interested to hear from you?

It always seems like you are taking a bit of a gamble with certified sites as there just seems to be so little info or photos available. It would be great if we could get together to compile a list of CS's & CL's around the UK for members with our experiences and photos of the sites to aid other ASOF members.

CC

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sites

Post by Paulmold on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Living in North Wales, we don't tend to stay close apart from using temporary holiday sites for the odd weekend but wherever we want to go I always look up sites using the UKcampsites website and pay a lot of attention to the site reviews which I feel takes some of the gamble away.
I know Llandudno is poorly served by sites of any description and as for Rhyl, we keep well away. Conwy is a lovely area but again, very few campsites and even fewer CS's/CL's. Anglesey is much better with a good choice but I haven't used any personally. Good luck with your search and enjoy the area wherever you go.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks Paul we are mainly looking to stay in Llandudno and Conwy but open to suggestions in the North Area, we only have 5 days this time so wont get to see a great deal anyway... Agree with you about reading reviews on campsiteuk but info is still very limited, so it would be good if we can compile a list of Certified Sites even if it's just posting a single pic and brief details it's better than going in blind.. If any members stay on certified sites could they please try to join in with this as it will really help other members.

CC

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re- Certified sites

Post by burlingtonboaby on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Thanks Paul we are mainly looking to stay in Llandudno and Conwy but open to suggestions in the North Area, we only have 5 days this time so wont get to see a great deal anyway... Agree with you about reading reviews on campsiteuk but info is still very limited, so it would be good if we can compile a list of Certified Sites even if it's just posting a single pic and brief details it's better than going in blind.. If any members stay on certified sites could they please try to join in with this as it will really help other members.

CC
Hi CC
Just to add to my e-mail to you, I find that using Google earth on the i-pad is a great tool as you can view the site location, see the roads/tracks in, where the touring pitches are etc.
we have'nt used any CL sites in Wales, but hope the list I sent you will be of interest.
happy holidays Boaby allthumbz
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:53 am

There is a C&CC CS at Llandudno Junction which is handy for Conway, Llandudno, B-Y-Coed we have stayed a few times. Its the nearest we have found to Llandudno where caravans and sites are taboo apart from the rallies that were held on the fields until the prices went up and forced the clubs THS out

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good sites NW Wales

Post by Mattyraas on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 am

Hi, I've just been on a nice site outside of Aberdaron , it was called " Trefgraig Isaf " and was pleasantly remote but had hook ups, shower and facilities if needed. Close to Whistling Sands, Porth Colman etc but far enough off the main roads for peace and quiet. Site owners Anne and Nigel are friendly and approachable.
Mattyraas

Male

Auto-Sleeper : T800 Autosleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum