The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 volt tv

4 posters

Go down

12 volt tv Empty 12 volt tv

Post by ginner38 Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi all i have got a 12volt tv for my talbot executive but there is no 12 volt sockets only the cig lighter in the front shrugg but i dont want to run he main battery down any ideas i want to fit the telly under the clock and water heater switch
cheers Dave
ginner38
ginner38
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : executive 2000

http://www.pestserve.co.uk

Back to top Go down

12 volt tv Empty Re: 12 volt tv

Post by roli Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:25 am

Is there no 12v socket on the side of the cocktail cabinet ?
or are you looking for a cigar lighter type socket in the habitation area, if so unless someone has fitted one then the answer is to get a 12v plug to cigar lighter socket adaptor (if thats what you need) - if that makes sense
Failing that its an easy job to fit a 12v socket on the side if the wardrobe or cocktail cabinet as there is a 12v supply within both areas you could tap into
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

12 volt tv Empty 12v TV

Post by murph Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 am

Hi Ginner,
Are you quite sure that there is no 12volt in the back of the van, if you have a strange looking 2 flat pin socket that is it. All you need is a plug to fit which should be available from your local caravan or motorhome dealer, ask for a clipsall plug.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

12 volt tv Empty Re: 12 volt tv

Post by ginner38 Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi Roger /Brian yes found the 2 pin plug will it be ok to tap into the fan thats in bottom of wardrobe

many thanks Dave
ginner38
ginner38
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : executive 2000

http://www.pestserve.co.uk

Back to top Go down

12 volt tv Empty socket for TV

Post by murph Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi Ginner,
By flat pin plug I assume you mean a socket to accept a flat pin Clipsall plug, this should be your 12volt supply. I am not sure what you want to connect to the fan you refer to which I assume is for your carver or truma heater. If you prefer you can fit a round cigarette lighter type socket wired directly to the back of the clipsall socket, as most 12volt appliences have this type of plug. If your clipsall socket is not live it is probably controlled by a fuse somewhere which may have blown.

Brian2

Last edited by murph on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

12 volt tv Empty RE 12v TV

Post by Leisurepower Ltd Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 am

ginner38 wrote:Hi Roger /Brian yes found the 2 pin plug will it be ok to tap into the fan thats in bottom of wardrobe

many thanks Dave

Hi Ginner.

A couple of words on this.

Be wary of tapping the 12v supply in general, you can easily mistake polarity and kill the TV.

The TV that you have, is it a REGULATED 12v set, able to run from 10-15v for example?

If not, then you will need a regulated power supply to avoid damage to the set.

Instead of tapping the wiring, there is a Clipsall to cigar lighter adapter available, so basically plug in the two pin, and it leaves a 12v socket available to plug in whatever you wish to power.

Regards.

Nick.
Leisurepower Ltd
Leisurepower Ltd
Trader
Trader

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : none

Back to top Go down