The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snooper sat-nav

3 posters

Go down

Snooper sat-nav Empty Snooper sat-nav

Post by batch Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi
Off to France on Thursday and have just realised that I have to turn off the " camera data base " before I go. I've got a Ventura pro S5000 [similar to the one advertised through the caravan club] and have downloaded the Aura speed camera database, I've turned off the camera icon but I'm not sure if that turns off the Aura Speed camera database as well. I've studied the operating manual but can not see any reference to actually turning off the Aura speed data base. Any advice would be very much appreciated. :
Regards
Batch confused3
batch
batch

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Snooper sat-nav Empty Re: Snooper sat-nav

Post by CC Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi Batch up!

As far as I'm aware it's just a case of switching of the camera alerts in the menu

Configure > Camera Alert > Display Cameras > No > Alert Sound > No

I don't see any other options so can only presume this is the correct way... Why do you wish to disable them?

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:50 pm

He will get an on the spot fine if plod finds he has speed cameras activated. You need to be aware though Batch, plod cant enter your van to check the cameras are off.

I have looked on our S2000 and also an S7000 and as far as I can see the only option is to turn off. Either on here or elswhere someone reported that Performance Products had told them this was the only option
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by batch Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:10 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Hi Batch up!

As far as I'm aware it's just a case of switching of the camera alerts in the menu

Configure > Camera Alert > Display Cameras > No > Alert Sound > No

I don't see any other options so can only presume this is the correct way... Why do you wish to disable them?

CC
Hi Cruizing Comet
Not sure if that is all I had to do or not, had already done that but I'm not sure if that will disable the Aura speed camera database that I had previously downloaded. From what I understand it is illegal to drive in France with it switched on.

Regards
Batch scratch head

batch
batch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by batch Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 pm

roli wrote:He will get an on the spot fine if plod finds he has speed cameras activated. You need to be aware though Batch, plod cant enter your van to check the cameras are off.

I have looked on our S2000 and also an S7000 and as far as I can see the only option is to turn off. Either on here or elswhere someone reported that Performance Products had told them this was the only option

Hi
Yeh that was what I thought, thanks for the info.

Batch thanx
batch
batch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi Again Batch... I think that's the only option to disable it.

Rightly or wrongly... I personally think I would sooner risk getting pulled by the police for having camera warnings switched on, than get half a dozen speeding fines...

Maybe if you have your cam out of sight of the windscreen it will draw less attention, are they really that hot on this?

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by batch Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:39 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Hi Again Batch... I think that's the only option to disable it.

Rightly or wrongly... I personally think I would sooner risk getting pulled by the police for having camera warnings switched on, than get half a dozen speeding fines...

Maybe if you have your cam out of sight of the windscreen it will draw less attention, are they really that hot on this?

CC

I'll let you know..........
batch
batch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:06 pm

batch wrote:

I'll let you know..........

hugegrins Good luck and have a nice trip up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Its interesting you mention "the out of sight option" CC, I recon the holster and the unit will fit in the recess above the glove box and will give this a try.

It was not originally going to be a major problem but Liz's back is giving her gip and the doc has advised against the treck to Austria so we have changed plans and decided on Northern France when we eventually get that far, hols start tomorrow
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Snooper sat-nav Empty Back from France

Post by batch Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Hello again
Just an update on turning off the "speed camera data base " on the Snooper S5000 Sat Nav.
I emailed Snooper on the 5 June and had a reply back from them the next morning, this was their reply ---------
" We have updated all of our camera listings in France to comply with their law.
Rather than saying there IS a camera there, our unit's now state there COULD be a camera there. This is legal in France.
All you need to do to get this change is update your unit as normal.
However, if you want to feel completely safe, then you could remove all French cameras from the unit.
All you'll need to do to remove them is update it again and deselect France as a country.
You can do it by going to "Menu", then "Download Settings" when you are running the camera updater".
Hope this might be of some interest .
Batch up!
batch
batch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks for that, We have got back and its wasnt a problem but will have a nosey after I do the next update
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down