Fuel consuption

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fuel consuption

Post by tintinjet on Mon May 14, 2012 1:12 pm

I am thinking of buying a water cooled T3 or early T4 Trooper, Has any one got any realistic M.P.G. figures i can go on. It's the London Thing you see. (Low emisions zone)
Cheers
tintinjet
avatar
tintinjet
New Member
New Member

Posts : 3
Joined : 2012-05-14
Location : CT4 7JX
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consuption

Post by neldadog on Mon May 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Well I have got a 1994 T4 Trident Diesel 2.4l - I get in the low 30's on average.

Don't know about the petrol version though - I will look in my manual and get back to you later in the week (our camper lives at the in-laws). tap_fingers
avatar
neldadog
Member
Member

Posts : 38
Joined : 2011-08-14
Auto-Sleeper : Trident

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consuption

Post by neldadog on Mon May 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh yes I have also checked on the London Emmsions website and I would have to pay a charge with my van
avatar
neldadog
Member
Member

Posts : 38
Joined : 2011-08-14
Auto-Sleeper : Trident

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by Guest on Tue May 15, 2012 9:07 am

neldadog wrote:Oh yes I have also checked on the London Emmsions website and I would have to pay a charge with my van

So! Thanks to Boris it looks like you won't be visiting London then. It's a shame as there are 2 useful sites inside the LEZ if you were thinking of visiting the 'Big Smoke'.

It would have cost us £100 per day to go 3 miles to escape out of the censored! zone!

We live just inside the zone, which was the only reason we bought a petrol Symphony.

Still! Ce la vie.

Mike D
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

fuel consuption

Post by tintinjet on Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Mike d
What kind of MPG do you get from your petrol symbol.
Cheers
tintinjet
avatar
tintinjet
New Member
New Member

Posts : 3
Joined : 2012-05-14
Location : CT4 7JX
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by Guest on Tue May 15, 2012 2:10 pm

tintinjet wrote:Hi Mike d
What kind of MPG do you get from your petrol symbol.
Cheers
tintinjet

Hi tintinjet,

MPG for the petrol Symphony? I have on average about 20-25 MPG, based on 55-65 MPH on motorway, I try not to 'cane' it but appreciate it would probably turn in better results if it were diesel.

My Pug Boxer AS Symph. is 1998cc, 1999 's'reg, currently 42k on the clock.

Hope this is some help to you,

Mike D
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consuption

Post by boxerman on Tue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm

1b449 wrote:MPG for the petrol Symphony? I have on average about 20-25 MPG, based on 55-65 MPH on motorway, I try not to 'cane' it but appreciate it would probably turn in better results if it were diesel.
My Pug Boxer AS Symph. is 1998cc, 1999 's'reg, currently 42k on the clock.
Hope this is some help to you,
Mike D

Mine does around the same, 18 around town, 25ish on a long run. Mine's a bit older, 1995 and 74K on the clock.

Frank
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 3930
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 70
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consumption

Post by Guest on Tue May 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi Frank,

I guess I would get about the same 'town-wise' I tend not to rely on the 'van for local trips. I use the car instead which turns in a better MPG. (Also petrol) Makes it easier for the OH to know what to put in at the filling station! up!

Mike D

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consuption

Post by deckie on Tue May 15, 2012 3:26 pm

1b449 wrote:Hi Frank,

Makes it easier for the OH to know what to put in at the filling station! up!

Mike D

Guess the OH does'nt see this Mike hugegrins hugegrins

Brian

_________________
Old age is when your classmates are so Grey, Wrinkled and Bald that they don't recognize you
avatar
deckie
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 3085
Joined : 2011-06-02
Member Age : 72
Location : Folkestone
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consuption

Post by Paulmold on Tue May 15, 2012 6:32 pm

1b449 wrote: I use the car instead which turns in a better MPG. (Also petrol) Makes it easier for the OH to know what to put in at the filling station! up!
Mike D

It's my OH that has to remind me the Symphony takes petrol whenever we fill up, I'm so used to putting diesel in the car!

I get around 23/24 mpg regardless of type of road from our petrol Symphony.
avatar
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 11794
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 66
Location : Mold, North Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consuption

Post by boxerman on Tue May 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Paulmold wrote:I get around 23/24 mpg regardless of type of road from our petrol Symphony.
Wish I did so_sad
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 3930
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 70
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consuption

Post by Paulmold on Tue May 15, 2012 6:57 pm

boxerman wrote:
Paulmold wrote:I get around 23/24 mpg regardless of type of road from our petrol Symphony.
Wish I did so_sad

Maybe it helped by having the head reconditioned with all new valves when the head gasket blew at 51K (now got 60K)
avatar
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 11794
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 66
Location : Mold, North Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by Guest on Tue May 15, 2012 7:04 pm

boxerman wrote:
Paulmold wrote:I get around 23/24 mpg regardless of type of road from our petrol Symphony.
Wish I did so_sad

What's the secret Paul? I guess you must have a very light right foot! -Or do you have an LPG conversion?

Mike D
scratch head
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consuption

Post by boxerman on Tue May 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Paulmold wrote:Maybe it helped by having the head reconditioned with all new valves when the head gasket blew at 51K (now got 60K)
I don't think that there's anything wrong with mine, the plugs are the right colour and the exhaust tailpipe is as clean as a whistle, the brakes aren't binding etc. etc.
We don't have a car so the van is used as daily transport, as you know, they weigh close on 3 tonnes so stopping & starting takes it's toll on the consumption. On a run, I get similar to you and Mike

Frank
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 3930
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 70
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Mercedes MPG

Post by Rossi on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanku for chat fuel economy, anyone know what the new Mercedes Autosleeper MPG is.
Rossi
avatar
Rossi
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 77
Joined : 2012-11-07
Member Age : 71
Location : Barrow-upon-Humber, North East
Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel consuption

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:24 am

tintinjet wrote:I am thinking of buying a water cooled T3 or early T4 Trooper, Has any one got any realistic M.P.G. figures i can go on. It's the London Thing you see. (Low emisions zone)
Cheers
tintinjet

Getting back to the original post. The T3 models although cheaper to purchase than a T4 will not gives very good figures for mpg. My experiences are:- T3 1.6 air cooled approx 24mpg. T3 watercooled 2.1 petrol 29mpg. T3 2.0 air cooled 21mpg.
You will find that of the watercooled range the most powerful engine in the T3, the 2.1 petrol, is the most economical. IMO steer clear of the 1.6 Turboi Deisel.

Hope this helps a bit.
John
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum