Calor Lite Propane gas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Calor Lite Propane gas

Post by voranke on Wed May 09, 2012 11:53 am

I visited my local Calor supplier today , he introduced me to the new 6kg Calor Lite gas bottle .Calors description states the new bottle to be 49.7% lighter than the old type 6kg bottle .The bottle is thinner walled and comes with plastic handles and I believe is of similiar size to the old one .The stockist let me swap my old bottle for the new one , fittings are the same size . Anyone interested ?
Cheers Vo

voranke

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo low profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Calor Lite Propane gas

Post by Paulmold on Wed May 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Yes, they didn't used to let you swop standard for Lite but changed policy now. My standard 6kg has just run out so I'll be swopping over now. I've got another standard 6kg but thats still got some gas left, so when thats run out, I'll be swopping that over too.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny on Wed May 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Did a swap myself at cromer caravan club site the old empty weighed more than the new full lite plus the new lite has a level indicator fitted as standard bonus !
johnny

Male

Auto-Sleeper : lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg on Fri May 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Can it get astra 2 ?
breakaleg

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bertb on Fri May 11, 2012 6:34 pm

I have a question about the Lite cylinders. Are they a straight swap or do you have to change the regulator? I mean the regulator that screws into the cylinder valve. I guess if the regulator is bulkhead mounted it's OK. My 6kg cylinder is still half full so no need yet but would like to change in time. Also can anyone confirm that the Lite cylinders will definitely fit in the 2003 Symbol gas locker. The 6kg version is a very snug fit as it is.
bertb

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Dorset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Calor Lite

Post by voranke on Fri May 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi
the Calor Lite has the same female thread as the older heavier bottle ,so will accomdate the propane pig tail or the direct fitted regulator .I have the Nuevo which can accomdate two of these bottles with a bit to spare ,so do not know about your Symbol.

I've put this thread in the wrong topic area , maybe next time I'll get it right !

confused3 Cheers Vo

voranke

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo low profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bertb on Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks voranke, I have not looked at the lightweight cylinders closely and have a real struggle to get the existing size into the locker. The measurements look OK on paper but been caught like that before..... Plan A was to swap cylinders taking the 'van with me.
bertb

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Dorset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK on Thu May 24, 2012 9:38 am

I appreciate that this post is a bit older now but still worth a mention. Agree with all the above about being lighter and much easier handled, and the bonus of a guage (of sorts). My dealer gave me an added bonus and agreed to change my second bottle which was still full, for a lite so I now have two lites. Perfect replacement fit in the double gas locker - in fact the weight difference makes it a lot easier, and, maybe imagination, but I think there is slightly more space. up!

Bob
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump on Thu May 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi

I took my two 6kg Propane bottles to exchange for Lites, he then said that will be £56.50. I declined.

What is the going rate for Calor Propane, in most areas.

Andy shrugg

andygump

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Thu May 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Calor's policy has changed Andy and they now will accept standard 6kg to swop for Lites. Check Calor's website, it tells you what sizes cylinders can be swopped for. As for price, if you have a Go Outdoors nearby I think they are the cheapest at £18.98 for standard 6kg and £19.98 for Lites.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman on Thu May 24, 2012 3:16 pm

The last time I changed a 3.9kg Propane, earlier this year it cost £15.
A 6kg one is £19:99 on the Calor site https://secure.calor.co.uk/OrderCalorCylinders/default.asp?PageType=propane

Frank
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Thu May 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Here is Go Outdoors Calor pricelist. You do have to buy a discount card at £5 to get the discount prices, so it's a bit like a club but you can recoup the cost pretty quick. Your nearest Frank looks like Blackburn but if you're passing worth a look.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/product-search/text/calor
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman on Thu May 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Blackburn is not a place I visit or pass very often (if at all) Paul. There are loads of outlets for camping and motorhoming in Preston.
The price I quoted was from Riversway Leisure which I do pass quite often. Thanks for the link though. up!

Frank
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump on Thu May 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks for the link.

I have applied for my membership Card.

I will order the Calor Lites and collect them from Lakeside next week.

Once again

Thank you up!

andygump

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

calor lite

Post by graham01 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:46 am

I have a calor yard 2 miles from me and saw me strugling with the old ones so they told me about the lite bottles as i am disabled and had trouble moving the old heavy ones, I use them now and am very much able to load and unload them in to my locker with ease also the plastic handles are so much better to hold, the connection is the same so no mods there, so personally I am very pleased with them. topmarks to my local supplier in hedstridge for being so understanding. up!
graham01

Male

Auto-Sleeper : palermo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:13 am

Hi

I have just exchanged my two Standard 6kgs Propane, for two Calorlites at GO Outdoors, just under £40 for the two. Don't know how accurate the gauge will be, but we shall see(if you'll excuse the pun) smile!

Cheers

Andy up!

andygump

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum