The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shower design Nuevo 2004

+4
hillwalker
johnny
CC
Shaz1961
8 posters

Go down

Shower design Nuevo 2004 Empty Shower design Nuevo 2004

Post by Shaz1961 Tue May 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi I've just joined the forum and what to know if anyone has any suggestions of how to stop water getting into the window blind when having a shower. The blind in my van has mold on it. This seems to be a very poor design. Only thing I can think of is another shower curtain.

Shaz1961
Shaz1961

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Shower design Nuevo 2004 Empty Re: Shower design Nuevo 2004

Post by CC Tue May 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi there.... Haven't heard of this problem before, we have a few Nuevo Series1 owners on the forum who hopefully will advise how they get along, we have the later Series2 Nuevo and there is no window only a rooflight, maybe it was done away with because of problems like you describe?

Hopefully you will get a direct response soon, in the meantime it may help if you introduce your self in the welcome section up!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny Tue May 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi shaz i have only used the shower in ours a few times so not noticed any mold yet but after showering i open the window on first catch then open the blind {pulled up} and open the roof vent so far so good hope this helps a little
johnny
johnny

Male

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper : lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

interesting to read people use the shower in a Nuevo, I didn't think there is enough water in the tank to have one and it was just a gimmic
"H"

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Shower design Nuevo 2004 Empty Thanks for the replys

Post by Shaz1961 Sun May 13, 2012 11:18 am

Yes I've use the shower alot -you just have to be economical with the water.

I'm going to put a small shower curtain over the window to stop water getting into the window blinds

Also my tap in the toliet sink is leaking again - I've replaced this once last yera - water leaks through the top os the tap. I can't see any obvious cracks in the inside mechanism - has anyone else had this problem?
Shaz1961
Shaz1961

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun May 13, 2012 6:15 pm

When we had the Executive I removed the AS shower curtain rail and refitted a longer one with a curtain that gave better coverage - I suspect you have a similar problem that we had
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Shower design Nuevo 2004 Empty Nuevo Shower

Post by murph Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Shaz,
We havent had any problem with mold on our window blind, though whether the fact that it is always up (closed) has any bearing on this I dont know, We have added another curtain but this does not cover the window just the back wall, but one which goes right round over the window should sort out your problem. We do use the shower all the time as we usually wild camp or at the most use CLs where showers are not usually available, plus we can not see the point in getting dressed walking to the shower getting undressed and then getting dressed again, when we have a shower in the van.
With regard to Hillwalkers comment regarding water usage we have what I always call a navy shower, (turn the water off while putting the soap on) Submariners on neuclear submarines are allowed 1 minuite's water per shower and with a water flow of between 5 and 10 litres per minuite through the van shower (ours is restricted to 5 litres PM) this does not use exessive water. Not much more than washing the dishes.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Mon May 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Not had a problem with mold on our blind in shower (06 Lancashire) we both use the shower regularly, wet down, soap up, rinse off, enough water for two showers and washing up after breakfast, when we have finished showering, we either open the window in the hot months cold (yer alright) or put the heating on in there for about 20 minutes or so, usually dry by then.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Fit a trigger operated shower head to make controlling flow easier and minimising water usage. Sorry can't remember the make but often available in caravan/motorhome shops.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Shower design Nuevo 2004 Empty Shower use

Post by happyhelen Tue May 29, 2012 8:35 pm

we used the shower in our Nuevo 1 for the first time on our last outing (the first time we have had a van with a shower in it so were curious to know how it was). We too wondered about the window. Was a warm day and aired all out after. We turned shower on and off as others have suggested and were very pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

The only thing WAS .....

when we emptied the toilet cassette later we noticed some water under the cassette. It was a small amount and not blue and not smelly(!) and so we wondered if it was from the shower in any way? Was only the second outing in the van so could be something we had not picked up on before??
Any ideas??

HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Shower design Nuevo 2004 Empty water in the toilet cassette locker

Post by murph Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Helen,
In our van I have added an extra shower curtain along the back wall, this prevents water getting on or around the toilet pan so I can't account for water in the cassette locker, but if you find that it is getting in from the shower this may be a cheap means of preventing it happening.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down