The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tow bar and rear Step for Warwick xl

4 posters

Go down

Tow bar and rear Step for Warwick xl Empty Tow bar and rear Step for Warwick xl

Post by Eric H Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:18 pm

Recently ordered Warwick xl. Can anyone assist by recommending A rear step and tow bar please.
Eric H
Eric H

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Tow bar and rear Step for Warwick xl Empty Re: Tow bar and rear Step for Warwick xl

Post by Paramedic Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum. Answers to your question will surely follow soon.
wave

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Tow bar and rear Step for Warwick xl Empty Re: Tow bar and rear Step for Warwick xl

Post by Eric H Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Many thanks, here is hoping. Eric.
Eric H
Eric H

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi
Welcome to the forum from chilly Bridlington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi Eric , it depends on what you intend doing with the towbar . If towing really heavy duty items such as  trailer sailer/yachts horseboxes  then a heavier duty higher capacity bar may be required. In the same case if you intend hanging motorbikes etc from the bar.... If you are looking for a good relatively cheap bar then look at the Brink that I fitted a couple if months ago . Perfectly adequate for towing our Smart on a trailer etc. Removable bars and swan necks are not much use if you want a bolt on step so look for traditional flange bars with bolt on towball Try PF Jones for prices and alternatives an excellent company with a great helpline if you have any issues .Dedicated wiring kits are expensive but not required on this van. A decent bypass relay unit can be wired into the lhs rear light cluster in under an hour. I may still have the wiring colour codes if required. The bar itself can be fitted in about 40 mins with removal of the back bumper and crash bar. Any specific questions just ask or pm me
        I have fitted many bars from Witter Brink westfalia bosal pct etc and to be honest there is little between them as all must pick up the  manufacturers certified  chassis points . Check out the noseweight and capacity of each bar but remember a pvc is already running pretty heavy and it might not be prudent to just buy on outright capacity which you will never require.
    As far as steps go I welded up my own which is on the lhs only as half of the rear of my van is taken up by the shower cubicle on rhs. Several types are available and again have a look at Pf Jones or towsure .
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down