The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009

5 posters

Go down

Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009 Empty Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009

Post by Patrick Macdonald Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:28 pm

i have recently bought a Nuevo with a recessed awning and am having difficulty locating the winder in the operating mechanism. any tips would be welcome.
Patrick Macdonald
Patrick Macdonald

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009 Empty Re: Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009

Post by Gromit Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Fiddle with it!!  up!

It is a weird fitting, and not easy to describe. You have to push the winder in, turn it a little bit (but I forget which way) then ease it out again and it will engage.

Once you've got the knack it's still a pain in the rear, but at least you know what to expect. I think (assume??) the unusual fitting is so you can leave the winder dangling if you want the awning out for only a short time??

Hope this helps a bit.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009 Empty Re: Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009

Post by Patrick Macdonald Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:14 pm

Many thanks. Will fiddle about a bit>
Patrick Macdonald
Patrick Macdonald

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:11 pm

I've had three Van's with that Omnistor awning. Just put winder in slot and turn clockwise to open and anti to close. If it's not that simple there is a fault.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Patrick Macdonald wrote:i have recently bought a Nuevo with a recessed awning and am having difficulty locating the winder in the operating mechanism. any tips would be welcome.
Hi Patrick
I have an used recessed awning from on of my previous vans a 09 Nuevo EK es, I replaced it due to the awing sheet creasing on re winding the awning back into its casing .
You are welcome to take it away for spares if you cannot solve your problem with yours.Send me a P.M  if you want it .
To big and heavy to ship.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:43 pm

I use mine very little but it does need tight winding in before giving it a half turn out so that the panel on the side lines up with the body. If it's not tightly wound then the panel slips out a bit when you go on a bumpy ride.
Hope this helps
Fred
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

Back to top Go down