The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AutoSleeper Cotswold Share Your Experience

4 posters

Go down

AutoSleeper Cotswold Share Your Experience Empty AutoSleeper Cotswold Share Your Experience

Post by NickPaling Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for feedback from Cotswold owners with respect to living with one. Good points preferably, niggles and areas where they could be improved.

We don't know much about them, i.e. when they were first made etc. We are considering buying a nice tidy one of the 2009-2010 vintage.

We were impressed with the spacious bathroom and living area, but are concerned about having to make the bed every night.

Cheers

Auto-Sleeper : Orian Pavo

Back to top Go down

AutoSleeper Cotswold Share Your Experience Empty Re: AutoSleeper Cotswold Share Your Experience

Post by CC Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Nick

We have a few Cotswold owners on the forum, sadly recent comments have been a tad negative which is a real shame as most here love their Auto-Sleepers... if you haven't read through the coachbuilt section then it might be worth having a browse, several of the issues raised are quite minor and some are related to onboard equipment that Auto-Sleeper cant really in fairness be held responsible for like problems with fridges etc which can effect any convertor... it would be nice to read more positive comments rather than only when members have problems, although I do fully appreciate how frustrating it can be having issues with such an expensive motorhome so not making light of things.. The Cotswold by all accounts seems to be a popular model so surprised we don't have a few more members finding their way onto the forum, hopefully you will get some advice from one of the members here who has one when they pop in next.

Further info here....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

AutoSleeper Cotswold Share Your Experience Empty Re: AutoSleeper Cotswold Share Your Experience

Post by NickPaling Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:26 am

Thanks for the information CruzingComent. The second link was a really good article. I'd already read through the posts in the forum, but struggled to find positive comments, which given the Cotswold layouts and quality I feel should be out there. It may be of course that owners are happy but not sharing.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:36 pm

I suppose that part of the problem is that you tend to only hear about the moans, rather than the "I'm very pleased". If it would fit (turning circle out of my driveway) I would have had one
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by NickPaling Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 am

Sadly I think you're right. We might find someone at the peterborough show tomorrow to chat to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:47 am

DuxDeluxe wrote:I suppose that part of the problem is that you tend to only hear about the moans, rather than the "I'm very pleased". If it would fit (turning circle out of my driveway) I would have had one

I think if people were not pleased by the layout, equipment, interior style and colour they would not buy a particular motorhome in the first place. Its when people don't get what they expected or serious faults they tend to voice their opinion. Autosleeper are stopping production of the Cotswold this year according to an article I read a few days ago.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Yes, I think that there have been a few issues with cracking GRP panels and this might be connected with construction and therefore excessive correction costs may have been a reason apart from sales. We will never know. Shame - nice van, but looking at some of the newer 2013 ones now - but not this year or next. Will look to change in 2014
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down