The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from an inner hebrides dreamer

5 posters

Go down

Hello from an inner hebrides dreamer Empty Hello from an inner hebrides dreamer

Post by dreamsschemes Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 pm

I would love to own a motor home and I went passed a Auto Sleepers Clubman this morning on my way to work.  It looked lovely.  I will be partially retiring soon so I am doing my research.
I have looked at a Romahome Duo but am not sure it is really for me.    Two dogs and me on a wet day, not sure.
I have camped with a tent and had a caravan but that was many years ago and I dont want to go down that route again.
Currently I work as a paid carer and as an unpaid carer for my Mum so my budget will be limited to older models.
dreamsschemes
dreamsschemes

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman Anniversary
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Hello from an inner hebrides dreamer Empty Re: Hello from an inner hebrides dreamer

Post by Cymro Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:47 pm

Welcome to this happy Forum.

My wife and I greatly enjoyed our Inner Hebrides holiday last year: Arran, Argyle, Islay, Jura, Bute. That leads me to offer one suggestion: do not be tempted to buy anything big: you are familiar with the local roads. I wouldn't go bigger than a Clubman.

You imply that it'll mainly be you and the dogs. In that case, there's a compact Autosleeper similar to the Romahome. I can't recall details but no doubt someone on the Forum can supply it.

Given that you're considering older models, then an Autosleeper with a GRP shell (like the Clubman) should be in good nick as far as bodywork is concerned.

Happy hunting!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Hello from an inner hebrides dreamer Empty Re: Hello from an inner hebrides dreamer

Post by Milvus Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Cymro,

I think you’re referring to the AS  Mezan based on a Peugeot partner base vehicle.

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Many thanks, Milvus - that's the one.
Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi 
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsschemes Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Cymro Ah but you missed the best, the beautiful Isle of Mull.   I also have lived in West Fife and that coast line is lovely.
My usual haunts were Dunbar, north Northumberland, Beauly, Nairn etc.  I would love to be able to go further afield.
dreamsschemes
dreamsschemes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Hello, dreamsschemes. What a lovely area to live in. That was good advice to not buy a big van. Small is beautiful in remote areas with narrow roads. 

Perhaps, in time, you’ll wander to the outer islands where more glorious places await.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsschemes Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:20 pm

Tinwheeler i would love to to do more exploring which is why I would like a motorhome.  there are so many places I want to see.
dreamsschemes
dreamsschemes

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Go for it and follow your dreams :-)
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down