Post by RayLambert on Fri May 17, 2019 3:03 pm

£9,900 - Full Year's MOT - 28 mpg - 2-Berth

Cambelt replaced Plus other external belts
New windscreen last year
Autogas re-fillable gas bottle
80W solar panel
GPS with aires and campsites
Terrestrial and SKY satellite TV

We are emigrating to Canada, so, reluctantly, must sell our excellent motorhome. We are located in Aviemore, 80 miles north of Perth, 30 miles south of Inverness in Scotland. Postcode PH22 1SS. Aviemore is served by frequent trains and buses both from the north and from the south.

Auto-Sleepers Pescara 1999 -2-Berth Img_0518

Interested? Please send an email to :

Maggie at armoise19@gmail.com
Or to Ray at raylambert@orange.fr

Or phone or text Maggie on 07817 647401
Or phone or text Ray on 07902 027109

Auto-Sleepers Pescara - Quick Specification
. Base vehicle : Ford Transit 150
. First registered : 30/07/1999
. Engine: 2.5 litre Turbo Diesel
. Gearbox : Manual - 5 forward
. Steering Position : Right Hand Drive
. Mileage: 97,978 miles on 13th May 2019
. Next MOT due 16/05/2020
. Belted seats: 2

Type: Coachbuilt monocoque motorhome
. Berths: 2 (2 single beds or 1 large double bed)
. Bathroom: Cassette toilet, hand washbasin, shower
. Kitchen: Full gas cooker, fridge, sink and drainer
. Hot water: Gas or 240V electric
. Heating: Gas or 240V electric convection or blown air heating
. Lighting: Mostly 12V LED plus 240V fluorescent
. Awning: Fiamma 3500 wind-out canopy awning
. 240V Mains: Hookup cable and built-in battery charger
. Bike rack: holds 2 bikes
. TV: Folds away, 22inch HD with DVD, separate speakers

Auto-Sleepers Pescara 1999 -2-Berth Img_0524

Auto-Sleepers Pescara - Full Description
When we bought this motorhome in October 2012, I converted it from 4-berth to 2-berth by removing the very heavy, fold-up over-cab bed, mattresses and ladder. The over-cab space is now excellent bedding storage space and the TV folds away into it when not in use. The motorhome became about 100kg lighter by the removal of this and other heavy but not needed parts.

We have used the Pescara for long trips to France and Spain during the winters, away from home from late August until the following May. No mechanical problems at all, just minor damage repair and general maintenance whilst on the road. Mostly wild camping (aires de service and off-site).

We normally have 3 nights without needing to service the motorhome (4 at a pinch). By service, I mean emptying the toilet cassette and the grey water tank and re-filling the drinking water tank.

The lounge area has two 6 ft.long sofas which quickly convert into 2 single beds or one double. There is a dining table for 2 to eat at comfortably and a small round coffee table.

Two major updates to the original motorhome :
An 80W solar panel fitted on the roof to keep the leisure battery well charged. It works so well that I have dis-connected the leisure battery charging from the engine alternator.
A re-fillable Autogas 12 litre gas cylinder fitted so that we can fill up with LPG anywhere in Europe. Adapters for France and Spain are included. We also carry a lightweight 6kg propane cylinder in the gas locker but have never had to use it. We reckon on 1 litre of gas use per day when off-site, so re-fill once per week (@ 50p per litre in Spain). Very economic compared with exchanging bottles.

I have monitored the fuel consumption by recording every diesel fill since we bought the vehicle. Since 2012-10-26 we have driven 35830 miles and put in 5856.72 litres of diesel at a cost of £6,466.19. Overall diesel consumption has been 27.84mpg (6.12 miles/litre).

Base vehicle - more details
. Base vehicle : Ford Transit 150 medium wheelbase. I have kept a detailed, hand-written service and repair record since 26 October 2012. . The Haynes manual for the base vehicle is included.
. First registered: 1999. We are the 4th owners.
. Engine: 2.5 litre Turbo Diesel. Regularly service. New cambelt (and the other 2 belts) in June 2017
. Transmission : Manual gearbox - 5 forward speeds
. Windscreen : Replaced 2018 (cracked by ice)
. Tyres: Rear-Campervan, metal valves, 65psi — Front-normal van tyres, 45psi
. Overall Length : 5.855m (plus the bike rack, which does fold up). Less than 6m for cross-channel ferries.
. Height : 2.845m
. Width : 2.47m
. Empty weight (according to Auto-Sleepers manual) : 2,727kg
. Laden weight (Fully loaded, ready to tour, as measured in 2013) : 3,050kg
. Maximum AUW : 3,500kg
. Steering Position : Right Hand Drive
. Mileage: 97,978 miles (on 13th May 2019) - Diesel Transits are good for 200,000+ miles.
. 2 belted seats: Passenger seat swivels. Swivel for driver's seat removed but included.
. AM/FM Radio with cassette player
. Next MOT due 16/05/2020

Habitation - more details
. Type: Coachbuilt monocoque motorhome. I have kept a detailed, hand-written repair and replacement record since 2012.
. Berths: 2 - 2 3x6 ft.single beds or a 6½x6 ft king-size bed)
. Bathroom: Cassette toilet, hand washbasin, shower
. On board tanks: fresh water (60 litres + 9 litres in water heater) and grey waste water (38 litres)
. Gas cooker: 4-burner hob, grill, oven
. Fridge: 3-way (gas, 240V and 12V with engine running) with freezer compartment
. Heating: Gas or 240V electric convection or blown air heating
. Hot water: Gas or 240V electric
. Carbon monoxide detector
. 240V Mains hookup: Cable with French and Spanish adapters. Built-in leisure battery charger
. Power sockets: 240V and 12V
. Lighting: Mostly 12V LED plus 240V fluorescent
. Awning: Fiamma 3500 wind-out canopy awning
. Roof openings: Large Heki 2 above cab, opening roof vents in kitchen and bathroom
. Windows: all double glazed with fly and night blinds as well as curtains
. Silver screen: For exterior of windscreen in hot / cold conditions. Interior windscreen curtains.

Miscellaneous - more details
. TV: 12V. Folds away into over-cab space. 22inch HD screen with DVD player and separate speakers for good sound quality. HD TV tuner and satellite tuner built into TV. Separate 12V Pace Sky box. 80cm Sky dish on strong tripod. Satellite dish socket on exterior of van with quick connectors. Satellite finder (also terrestrial signal finder for the TV aerial). British satellite signal as far south as latitude of Bordeaux.
. Instruction manuals for the motorhome and most of the appliances and accessories
. Bike rack: holds 2 bikes or folds up
. Roof: Roof rack accessed by rear fixed ladder. Perimeter bars for tying down roof luggage
. 3 sets of vehicle and habitation door keys
. French road maps and "All the Aires France" North and South included in sale
. Spanish road maps and "All the Aires Spain" included
. Garmin Nuvi52 GPS: Europe maps. Custom lists (from the Internet) of UK, French and Spanish aires and campsites uploaded. EXTREMELY useful for finding overnight stops.

Included in the sale are numerous minor items.

Auto-Sleepers Pescara 1999 -2-Berth Img_0522

Condition
I ask myself the question :
"Would I confidentally set off on another long trip in this motorhome TOMORROW, say to Gibraltar (again)?"

The answer is YES. 20 years old but plenty of life left! MOT inspection this week, no problem.
In fact, we fully intended to go to France and Spain again this autumn and winter, but the emigration plans proceeded much more quickly than expected. Our application for Canadian Residency came through in 6 months, not the 2-3 years we expected.

What work would I be doing on the motorhome if I was keeping it?
The front wheel arches need some attention. Possibly replace the water heater with a Henry equivalent (about £400).

Last edited by RayLambert on Fri May 17, 2019 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction to photo upload)
RayLambert
RayLambert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pescara
Vehicle Year : 1999

View user profile http://www.raylambert.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum