The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting a habitation water pump in 2005 nuevo

3 posters

Go down

Fitting a habitation water pump in 2005 nuevo Empty Fitting a habitation water pump in 2005 nuevo

Post by richardfranklyn Sat May 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi I have recently had a mishap while on motorway. Tyre tread came off and caused damage to inner wheel arch liner and  lost water pump and housing through hole. I am wanting to order replacement and to construct something to fit it on. I am not sure how it was originally, so would very pleased with any advice or pictures.   shrugg RICK
richardfranklyn
richardfranklyn

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Fitting a habitation water pump in 2005 nuevo Empty Re: Fitting a habitation water pump in 2005 nuevo

Post by Paulmold Sat May 11, 2019 5:11 pm

As far as I know the water pump was fitted onto the wall of the gas locker (inside the van). It was on the Es model, maybe different if you have 2 berth model.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Fitting a habitation water pump in 2005 nuevo Empty Re: Fitting a habitation water pump in 2005 nuevo

Post by bikeralw Sat May 11, 2019 7:16 pm

That's how it is on my 2 berth Paul. Water pump attached to the wall of the gas locker, wheel arch on the right.
That sounds like one nasty mishap Rick, what make of tyre was that?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by richardfranklyn Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi, thanks for the pic, very clear. Think that will help. I will tell you what the tyre was when I get under the van. At the moment it is on the spare wheel holder. The AA put the spare on the damaged side. Only came home last night.thanks a lot. Rick
richardfranklyn
richardfranklyn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by richardfranklyn Sun May 12, 2019 9:14 am

Hi, I've looked at the damaged tyre it was a Michelin. I don't know the age of it as it was on when I bought it (3 years ago). Do you happen to know what pressure your water pump is please, as there seems to be a few different ones or does it matter? Thanks Rick
richardfranklyn
richardfranklyn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun May 12, 2019 9:23 am

The lowest pressure you can get now is 20psi . 16 was probably the original but 20 is fine.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down