The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

inconsiderate, stupid or just don't care?

+2
bikeralw
groundhog
6 posters

Go down

inconsiderate, stupid or just don't care? Empty inconsiderate, stupid or just don't care?

Post by groundhog Sat May 04, 2019 8:59 am

Took the car and trailer to the local tip yesterday, a chap in an 04 very scruffy Passat decided to squeeze into a gap next to us such that he could barely open his door and we couldn't get to the sides of our trailer.
As he got out I said to him " Please be careful not to hit my car with your door"
He went in to a tirade about it is only a .......ing car, I shouldn't be so precious and what was my f...... problem.

I am a mild mannered person ....usually!

At this point I went over to him and pointed to the skip and said "That is only a ....ing skip and if you hit my car you will be at the bottom of it"

He was as good as gold after that ..... rolleyes
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

inconsiderate, stupid or just don't care? Empty Re: inconsiderate, stupid or just don't care?

Post by bikeralw Sat May 04, 2019 9:16 am

I guess if this bloke thought that as you were taking your car and trailer to the tip you wouldn't be that bothered about a ding from his door...
Or have I got the wrong end of the stick??
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

inconsiderate, stupid or just don't care? Empty Re: inconsiderate, stupid or just don't care?

Post by BobK Sat May 04, 2019 9:21 am

I could add a few adjectives to your guys description.

Coincidently, I likewise was at our local skip yesterday  ..... a real social get together... everybody examines everyone's debris, helps them unload, and even on this occasion gave a guy with a flat battery in his transit, a push start to get him out of the way.,    Great places, skips !!
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat May 04, 2019 9:47 am

Our local 'household recycling centre' is great. Plenty of staff who are straight to your car and help you unload. Gone are the days when you could rummage in the skips for something useful.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat May 04, 2019 11:40 am

Paulmold wrote:Our local 'household recycling centre' is great. Plenty of staff who are straight to your car and help you unload. Gone are the days when you could rummage in the skips for something useful.
Really, at our local recycling centre I heard a newbie being told off for helping someone, they will all want it! The place is kept very clean and tidy but the staff would not help unless really pushed.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat May 04, 2019 11:45 am

bikeralw wrote:I guess if this bloke thought that as you were taking your car and trailer to the tip you wouldn't be that bothered about a ding from his door...
Al.

It shouldn't matter if the car is a £70K Range Rover or a £700 pound banger, no one has the right to damage your property regardless of its value.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sat May 04, 2019 1:12 pm

groundhog wrote:
bikeralw wrote:I guess if this bloke thought that as you were taking your car and trailer to the tip you wouldn't be that bothered about a ding from his door...
Al.

It shouldn't matter if the car is a £70K Range Rover or a £700 pound banger, no one has the right to damage your property regardless of its value.
Just my sense of humour Hog, as in putting your car and trailer in the tip.
 Maybe I should've put a smiley.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat May 04, 2019 4:39 pm

Maybe I should be more awake Al, must be those cold Canadian winters whereas you with your sunny New Zealand ones..... hugegrins
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sat May 04, 2019 5:01 pm

groundhog wrote:Maybe I should be more awake Al, must be those cold Canadian winters whereas you with your sunny New Zealand ones..... hugegrins
So long as we're both far away from the great B word debate..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Sat May 04, 2019 7:03 pm

The last time I was at the local council dump, some pillock in a Saab decided he'd try and squeeze past my car.

I had the drivers side rear door fully open and I was leant in, picking up some stuff while he tried this manoeuvre.

He had zero spacial awareness, hit my door and bent it right back against the body of my car think_smiley_46

He admitted fault at the scene, put my insurance claim in at which point his insurers said he was claiming that I opened the door in to the path of his car and it was all my fault!

Thankfully I had already obtained CCTV from the dump and his insurers then paid out in full (over £6k of damage).

I swore I would never go back to the dump ever again!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun May 05, 2019 4:45 pm

It must be something about recycling centres that makes people do strange things. I pulled into the bay as directed by the official with the clip board and shiny jacket. As I got out a woman in a Volvo estate ramed my Discovery from behind. She said I reversed in to her, dificult when I was not in the car. The official said he forgot I had just gone into that bay. There was no damage to my Discovery but her Volvo was a rite off. Her insurance had a long fight to sort that out, council vers insurance is very complicated.
Years ago my father used to go to the local tip for a rummage. In those days anything that might be re-used was left at the side for free picking. At the time he drove an MG Midget, not noted for boot space.
On one trip he brought home an arm chair for his workshop, balanced on top of his car. My mother was not amused. His Springer lived in that chair for years. No one else would sit on it.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down