The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please name your van type in thread title....

+3
Paulmold
rogerblack
Pete Taylor
7 posters

Go down

Please name your van type in thread title.... Empty Please name your van type in thread title....

Post by Pete Taylor Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:27 pm

This forum has many threads which don't even give the slightest clue to what the thread-starter is asking us all to advise them on. Please be specific- just imagine if we all titled our threads as "PROBLEM".  quick_run

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Please name your van type in thread title.... Empty Re: Please name your van type in thread title....

Post by rogerblack Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:40 pm

Excellent point, Pete - it would also be helpful if rather than just giving  the AutoSleeper conversion model, to state the full base vehicle details (make, model, year, engine size & fuel, etc) if that's what the query is about, otherwise you're likely to limit replies.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Please name your van type in thread title.... Empty Re: Please name your van type in thread title....

Post by Paulmold Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:46 pm

The model and year does of course already show in your profile on the left of your post if you've completed that when registering. But putting that info in the title means you don't even have to open the thread to see it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Gram Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:52 pm

rogerblack wrote:Excellent point, Pete - it would also be helpful if rather than just giving  the AutoSleeper conversion model, to state the full base vehicle details (make, model, year, engine size & fuel, etc) if that's what the query is about, otherwise you're likely to limit replies.
Would the poster's blood group help?

G
Gram
Gram

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Sigh...

Just look at the thread titles on your screen at this very moment, you will see what I mean.

This is a very useful forum, with a fantastic amount of acquired, and expert, knowledge...  but stupidly-brief thread titles make the search function almost useless.

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Gram Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:35 pm

Yes, joking apart, I do agree that thread titles could be more meaningful.

G
Gram
Gram

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:25 am

Hi Just try the search function with a few words.
Does it help?

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:00 pm

Much of what is posted does not refer to specific models, and I certainly read and learn from a lot that is generic. Also, I think asking for too much info in the thread title could put people off posting for fear of not getting it quite right. I think we need to encourage as many people as possible to post their views and queries.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:49 pm

I fully agree life would be easier if the model and year was posted in the title certainly for those of you that has access to info spanning years

I also understand what Harry is saying but things like Mk6 or 7 Transit or X250 or X290 Boxer will cover a span of models if it is a chassis related query 

The one thing that gets me is where someone posts a PVC or Coachbuilt query in say the Monocoque Section orvice versa
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down