Mark at AS service dept ... shame

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mark at AS service dept ... shame - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark at AS service dept ... shame

Post by Cymro on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:44 pm

PMC wrote:...... both nearside tyres were damaged while putting the van on the ramp!

Don't tell me that! Ours is there for a month!
Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mark at AS service dept ... shame - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark at AS service dept ... shame

Post by PMC on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:07 pm

I try to be philosophical - these things happen but I would have appreciated them telling me rather me having to discover it for myself. I’m pretty sure that the driver would notice hitting something with enough force to tear one tyre and do irreparable damage to the other. So Cymro, check the van well before and after you leave it. 

(Sorry drifting off topic again - even Mark couldn’t have prevented my woes)

Last edited by PMC on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis spelling)
PMC
PMC

Female

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:00 pm

PMC wrote:I was there yesterday for habitation service and poor Carol is really missing Mark both for his encyclopedic knowledge and as a friend. Alan was taking calls and emails and he seemed a bit frazzled but he did find time to call my husband to check if I got home safely after both nearside tyres were damaged while putting the van on the ramp! They swapped the spare for the worst damaged and I had fingers crossed that the other would be OK. So now that’s another job for me to sort. Ho hum.

While your 'van is in their workshop for whatever reason, they are duty bound to look after it.
I would have thought they would be sourcing two new tyres for you as urgently as possible.
If they've damaged both tyres, then it's up to them to sort it, not another job for you.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PMC on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:50 pm

nuevoboy wrote:
While your 'van is in their workshop for whatever reason, they are duty bound to look after it.
I would have thought they would be sourcing two new tyres for you as urgently as possible.
If they've damaged both tyres, then it's up to them to sort it, not another job for you.

I take your point but it’s 120 mile round trip to Willersey so I’d rather get the tyres sorted locally. They will pick up the bill (or adjust the cost of the service accordingly). I did suggest that there were lots of vans at the factory with nice new wheels that would do but I think I was pushing my luck with that suggestion!smile!
PMC
PMC

Female

Member Age : 60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy on Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Ok that's fine, as long as they've accepted responsibility.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:51 am

Craig Trigg is the new service manager, he starts at Willersey on Monday 15th April. I wish him every success in the role.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:10 am

Wish Craig best wishes in his new role, he has big boots to fill.  up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks for the info.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile